X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gary Hooper

Looks really really poor. Shocking first touch, leggy and lazy

Thank you got choosing Norwich Gary much prefer Austin on today's showing

Said the other week i thought we got the much better deal . However in hoopers defence hes not exactly been pulling up trees so his confidence is probably pretty low. Most strikers need to be confident

Comment

Said it at the time Austin better bet with Hooper being a very average player who gained his reputation in a poor league, also very one dimensional.

Comment

Think its a bit harsh on hooper - i certainly think if wed had brought him he would of scored goals at out level for fun...it can take time to adapt to the premier league and also a striker needs the right delivery..

Comment

I do agree though Austin is the better player but I would of loved the combo of them both

Comment

Don't worry,he'll be playing at LR next year.....for Norwich of course !!

Comment

Was thinking this myself west. Dodge a bullet me thinks

Comment

So pleased he has turned out to be a miserable failure. Same for every other player who prefers to take the money rather than try to achieve anything in the game. God only knows how he thought that his England chances would be better scraping around the bottom of the table and not even being the main striker.

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
                  So pleased he has turned out to be a miserable failure. Same for every other player who prefers to take the money rather than try to achieve anything in the game. God only knows how he thought that his England chances would be better scraping around the bottom of the table and not even being the main striker.

I suspect WE may have offered him more money than Norwich and in fact, he decided on achieving in the Premiership, rather than coining it in the Championship. Only speculating of course.

Also, I doubt he would have appreciated or thrived on the 1 up front role we've utilised for most of the season. So I agree Austin was a better buy (IMO).

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
                    So pleased he has turned out to be a miserable failure. Same for every other player who prefers to take the money rather than try to achieve anything in the game.
                    ...said every other fan in the country about the players we've signed...!

Comment

hark at some of you 'experts' slating hooper before knowing the 'facts'....he accepted less money to join norwich rather than grab the fools gold from our hapless owner/ceo as he wanted premier football....no ,he hasnt scored many but he has been in n out the side due to injury,houghton selection....bet he scores more for norwich than austin for us next season??....any one care to wager??
                      you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Factamondo View Post
                        hark at some of you 'experts' slating hooper before knowing the 'facts'....he accepted less money to join norwich rather than grab the fools gold from our hapless owner/ceo as he wanted premier football....no ,he hasnt scored many but he has been in n out the side due to injury,houghton selection....bet he scores more for norwich than austin for us next season??....any one care to wager??
                        Me please!

Comment

right kev i'll wager 20 pence sterling hoopers scores more than charlie over 30 games............1/ norwich will win more games/create more chances in the champs......2/ austin will not get the service and may even go to palace/soton in the summer!
                          you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Factamondo View Post
                            right kev i'll wager 20 pence sterling hoopers scores more than charlie over 30 games............1/ norwich will win more games/create more chances in the champs......2/ austin will not get the service and may even go to palace/soton in the summer!

I'll have ALOT more than 20p with you he doesn't go to either Palarse or Soton in the Summer - Your move.....

Comment

Originally posted by QPR1976 View Post
                              I'll have ALOT more than 20p with you he doesn't go to either Palarse or Soton in the Summer - Your move.....
                              I've heard Villa are looking at him

Comment

Working...
                              X