Redknapp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ummmm.

I'm a Leicester City fan, and on my "home" forum, this thread from last April has just been bumped: http://www.foxestalk.co.uk/forums/to...t-match/page-1. It's worth having a flick through because some of the posts are similar in tone/style to a lot of the "Harry must go" posts on here. You are doubtless aware that Pearson wasn't "sacked in the morning", and he's still in charge.

I've never been a particular fan of Redknapp, although I think his youth policy at West Ham was incredibly successful, and he did well to rescue Spurs from the mire. And as I said in another post on here, I watched your game against Reading on the box, and I thought most of the players looked disinterested to say the least.

But if I may introduce a bit of a reality check here with a few facts:

1. QPR were in the bottom two of the Premier League for virtually the whole of last season.
    2. You were relegated along with, but below, Reading and Wigan. However, Wigan had 11 more points than QPR
    3. This season, QPR have never been out of the top six, whereas Wigan have not been higher than seventh, and Reading no higher than fourth. You're still above both of them.

In other words, you are not in that bad a position. OK, so you lost three matches in a row but you are still fourth, and if you win three matches in a row (have a look at your results in January, FFS) you'll be even higher. I don't think you will catch City (unless we implode like we did last season) and you might not make the second auto spot. But you have 15 matches still to play, and 45 points to play for.

Sacking managers mid-season rarely works: and if any group of fans should know that, it's you guys.
    Last edited by LanguedocFox; 25-02-2014, 08:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by LanguedocFox View Post
      Ummmm.

I'm a Leicester City fan, and on my "home" forum, this thread from last April has just been bumped: http://www.foxestalk.co.uk/forums/to...t-match/page-1. It's worth having a flick through because some of the posts are similar in tone/style to a lot of the "Harry must go" posts on here. You are doubtless aware that Pearson wasn't "sacked in the morning", and he's still in charge.

I've never been a particular fan of Redknapp, although I think his youth policy at West Ham was incredibly successful, and he did well to rescue Spurs from the mire. And as I said in another post on here, I watched your game against Reading on the box, and I thought most of the players looked disinterested to say the least.

1. QPR were in the bottom two of the Premier League for virtually the whole of last season.
      2. You were relegated along with, but below, Reading and Wigan. However, Wigan had 11 more points than QPR
      3. This season, QPR have never been out of the top six, whereas Wigan have not been higher than seventh, and Reading no higher than fourth. You're still above both of them.

In other words, you are not in that bad a position. OK, so you lost three matches in a row but you are still fourth, and if you win three matches in a row (have a look at your results in January, FFS) you'll be even higher. I don't think you will catch City (unless we implode like we did last season) and you might not make the second auto spot. But you have 15 matches still to play, and 45 points to play for.

Sacking managers mid-season rarely works: and if any group of fans should know that, it's you guys.
      Great post Mr Fox....problem is we are experts in panicking. We just need to steady the boat with the same crew and go for a final push not start making people walk the plank.

Comment

Ummmm.

great post. I've lost a bit of faith in Harry but sacking him now would not be the answer. If we sacked him, and still failed to go up (which probably would happen by the way) the same guys calling for Harry's head would be back in droves calling for the new man to be sacked.
        I hope TF sees sense and sees where we are in May. This thread just serves to prove how much of a c*** the OP is.
        "I told you so!!!!! Look at MEEEEE!!" Bore off.
        Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
        Pawel Wszolek - 6
        Luke Freeman - 6
        Matt Smith - 6
        Ebere Eze - 4
        Joel Lynch - 3
        Tomer Hemed - 3
        Toni Leistner - 2
        Massimo Luongo- 2
        Angel Rangel - 2
        Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
        Geoff Cameron - 1
        Aramide Oteh - 1
        Jake Bidwell - 1
        Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Ummmm.

Best post ive ever seen from a supporter of another club on here. So much sense pointed out in simple terms, but sadly i feel it will fall on deaf ears on here.

Comment

How could you love him. Whats he done versus Hughes and Warmock

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
              Best post ive ever seen from a supporter of another club on here. So much sense pointed out in simple terms, but sadly i feel it will fall on deaf ears on here.
              This
              Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
              Pawel Wszolek - 6
              Luke Freeman - 6
              Matt Smith - 6
              Ebere Eze - 4
              Joel Lynch - 3
              Tomer Hemed - 3
              Toni Leistner - 2
              Massimo Luongo- 2
              Angel Rangel - 2
              Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
              Geoff Cameron - 1
              Aramide Oteh - 1
              Jake Bidwell - 1
              Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                All that will happen is for this thread to fizzle out as the keyboard warriors will switch to one of the numerous other Redknapp threads and moan on there.

Comment

Great post foxy but we don't have enough fans with working brain cells to digest & understand what you've written unfortunately. You see a lot of our fan base have turned into spoilt little b!tches & expect us to be winning the league by 20 points & don't understand your manager has had years moulding a good squad with a considerable amount of money spent.

No ones happy with recent performances no but 4th with a game in hand is hardly a disaster is it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Rabbit View Post
                    Great post foxy but we don't have enough fans with working brain cells to digest & understand what you've written unfortunately. You see a lot of our fan base have turned into spoilt little b!tches & expect us to be winning the league by 20 points & don't understand your manager has had years moulding a good squad with a considerable amount of money spent.

No ones happy with recent performances no but 4th with a game in hand is hardly a disaster is it.
                    Couldn't agree more Jimmy. And those same spoilt little *****es are usually nowhere to be found when things are going well.
                    Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                    Pawel Wszolek - 6
                    Luke Freeman - 6
                    Matt Smith - 6
                    Ebere Eze - 4
                    Joel Lynch - 3
                    Tomer Hemed - 3
                    Toni Leistner - 2
                    Massimo Luongo- 2
                    Angel Rangel - 2
                    Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                    Geoff Cameron - 1
                    Aramide Oteh - 1
                    Jake Bidwell - 1
                    Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Rabbit View Post

Couldn't agree more Jimmy. And those same spoilt little *****es are usually nowhere to be found when things are going well.
                      Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                      Pawel Wszolek - 6
                      Luke Freeman - 6
                      Matt Smith - 6
                      Ebere Eze - 4
                      Joel Lynch - 3
                      Tomer Hemed - 3
                      Toni Leistner - 2
                      Massimo Luongo- 2
                      Angel Rangel - 2
                      Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                      Geoff Cameron - 1
                      Aramide Oteh - 1
                      Jake Bidwell - 1
                      Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by Chopper View Post
                        How could you love him. Whats he done versus Hughes and Warmock
                        I am assuming this is ironic, but it reinforces my core argument: Neil Walnut took QPR up, and was sacked in January 2012 when (quoting from Wikipedia) "The owner of QPR, Tony Fernandes, said that the club slipped down to a dangerous league position
                        (17th)." Mark Hughes took over, and by the end of that season you were still 17th (having been as high as 16th).

In November 2012, you were bottom of the Premiership, so Hughes was sacked: I can remember seeing all the boards around Loftus Road during a televised home game saying "Save us Harry". So Harry came in: and you know where you finished that season.

Incidentally, if you want a manager you can love, appoint the Dalai Lama. In common with every other Leicester City fan I think Neil Walnut is a complete kn0bhead: but you can't argue with his success as a manager. Similarly, Billy Davies is a nasty piece of work - with an outstanding record as a manager, at least in the Championship.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
                          You just need to wake up,you threw a lot of **** at me late last year so I am claiming my revenge comprende
                          Yep you've well and truly seceded in claiming your revenge by gloating like a "child" that results aren't going our way and that we're close to sacking yet another manger. Good job!

It is strange though how happy you are at the moment considering our recent performances, with your "childish" comments, one liners and silly little smiley faces and how quick of the mark you are to criticise when we're not doing well.

.... but I suppose its all to just to claim your revenge
                          SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Ffs KEEP THE FAITH!
                            oldhoop

The Bread Mans Blue and White Army

Comment

Now is NOT the time for yet another managerial change!
                              oldhoop

The Bread Mans Blue and White Army

Comment

Originally posted by oldhoop View Post
                                Ffs KEEP THE FAITH!
                                I can't remember which Leicester City manager it was, but one of them used to put "Keep the faith" at the bottom of his manager's message in the programme. A bunch of us sent a letter to him saying we'd rather they kept the f***ing ball.

Comment

Working...
                                X