These cheating Brazilians

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• These cheating Brazilians

Would you be in favour of retrospective banning for players who cheat to gain advantage by fooling referees? E.g. Marcelo and his simulated dive in tonight's game, or Fred v Croatia.

The argument in favour is a 3 game ban (for example) would be deterrent enough for players/coaches to eradicate the problem from the sport literally overnight. The sanction would only be implemented if its panel of professionals (elected referees and ex-players) rule 100% clear simulation by video replay.

Bans would be far more effective than fines for obvious reasons.
    Yes
    97.87%
    No
    2.13%

The poll is expired.

You've mentioned brazilians and not the worst abomination of the world cup so far, muellers blatant attempt to get pepe sent off. That was cheating of the wurst order! See what i did there?

Comment

Originally posted by swindonhoop View Post
      You've mentioned brazilians and not the worst abomination of the world cup so far, muellers blatant attempt to get pepe sent off. That was cheating of the wurst order! See what i did there?
      Pepe is actually Brazilian born, so still relevant to the thread title

He got a straight red card with an automatic one game ban that will probably be raised to three; so a different scenario to this poll question.

Comment

They say cheats don't prosper.lets see who wins it under blatter.the Dutch have been the best side I've seen so far,but far too rough under fifa rules.
        Ooh northern lads love gravy

Comment

Very much in favour of them mate. I would have thought that it has been glaringly obvious for years that it would be the fastest way to eradicate such behaviour.

And of course, Ashley Young may as well retire.

Comment

Pepe got sent off for his ludicrous reaction, and rightly so. To be fair though, I'd ban Mueller. And if I was Pepe and I knew reacting would send me off I would've made the headbutt as painful as possible.
            Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
            Pawel Wszolek - 6
            Luke Freeman - 6
            Matt Smith - 6
            Ebere Eze - 4
            Joel Lynch - 3
            Tomer Hemed - 3
            Toni Leistner - 2
            Massimo Luongo- 2
            Angel Rangel - 2
            Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
            Geoff Cameron - 1
            Aramide Oteh - 1
            Jake Bidwell - 1
            Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Will Hughes is a cheating C*nt too. Remember the play offs final?
              QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

They need to introduce something because it is getting worse in the game and becomming a farce.

Marcello summed up the mentality of such minded players in the modern game, felt the lightest of contact so threw himself to the ground to try and "win" a penalty, rather than his first thought being, im goalside of the defender and can either take a shot for glory or square it across the 6 yard box for a team mate to tap in and guarantee the win and qualification..... Utterly pathetic and fitting that he was humiliated on the world stage so everyone knows what he's like.

The problem is sooner or later in this wolkd cup there is going to be a really bad dive that a ref will fall for and it will result in a team being knocked out due to cheating and cause massive negativity, which is not good.

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
                  Pepe got sent off for his ludicrous reaction, and rightly so. To be fair though, I'd ban Mueller. And if I was Pepe and I knew reacting would send me off I would've made the headbutt as painful as possible.
                  Given Pepe's history as a complete fruitloop, the slight head butt was mild....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ec0CT8yzjAo

see also

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqXOTSB7FPc

and

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFx-2SPvwfA

He's got some issues
                  Last edited by DeepcutHoop; 18-06-2014, 10:48 AM.

Comment

Ultimately the blame here lies with FIFA for never having addressed this. With such high stakes involved in the game these days it is inevitable that players will seek to gain any possible advantage if they know they can get away with it. Retrospective bans is the only way to eradicate this scourge on the modern game.

32 votes in favour to 1 against clearly proves how fans are unanimous in this view. Even players and coaches would be in favour of it when you hear them interviewed.

Yet Blatter/FIFA in all their corruption and incompetence, foolishly and blindly ignore the issue to the detriment of all.

Comment

Loved Gary Lineker asking Theirry Henry's opinion on cheating. Henry's never done anything like that has he?

Comment

Originally posted by dpmd View Post
                        Loved Gary Lineker asking Theirry Henry's opinion on cheating. Henry's never done anything like that has he?
                        How did Theirry "handle" that question?!

Comment

EalingHoop, please talk to us!!
                          Banning people is no longer my hobby,
                          but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
                          http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

Originally posted by Kirill View Post
                            EalingHoop, please talk to us!!
                            He's one of the silent lurkers who never posts

Comment

So, we aren't quite sure then!
                              'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

Working...
                              X