Football Fans Required for Research

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Football Fans Required for Research

Hi. My name is Louis and I am a postgraduate student at the University of Leicester. For my dissertation, I am investigating football fans experiences of racism. This is a nationwide survey, and I require 5 fans from each club to participate. The survey is very short and should not take more than 15 minutes of your time. If you wish to participate please follow this link:

https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/9LPWCMV

Please read the attached consent form and don't hesitate to email with any questions - lf166@student.le.ac.uk .

This survey is completely confidential and anonymous and no personal data will be stored before, during or after completion. Thanks for your time, enjoy the rest of the season. Louis

Consent Form
    1. I understand my participation is completely voluntary and that I have the right to withdraw from the study at any point up until 1/6/20 without giving any reason.
    2. I understand that if I decide to stop the questionnaire at any point I should close my browser or use the withdrawal service available on the survey.
    3. I understand that if I wish to withdraw my data from the survey I should contact the lead researcher Louis Fryer by emailing lf166@student.le.ac.uk
    4. I am aware of what my participation will involve.
    5. My data will be held confidentially by the named researcher electronically for a period of 5 years after the appearance of any associated publications.
    6. I understand that I will give my full informed consent by ticking the box below.
    7. I understand that the full write up of this project could be chosen for publication by academic journals.
    8. Due to the requirements of some scientific journals and organisations, I understand that my coded data may be shared by other researchers. I understand that my coded data may be used in other research related to the topic.
    9. I understand that the only personal data taken will be age, gender, ethnicity and favourite football team. My name will never be stored.
    10. The study will take approximately 6 months to complete.
    11. I will be able to obtain general information about this research by emailing the lead investigator on the email provided.
    12. The survey could contain potentially sensitive topics relating to racism. I have the right to withdraw at any point before, during or after completing the questionnaire by closing the browser, exiting the questionnaire or by emailing the lead researcher.
    13. I am giving my consent for my data to be used for the study outlined above.
    14. All questions I have about the research have been satisfactorily answered, or can be answered by contacting the lead researcher using the email provided.
    15. This study was reviewed by the University of Leicester Criminology Ethics Board.
    16. The ethics committee can be contacted at ethics@le.ac.uk
    17. This form will be kept separately from my data.
    Debrief

Thank you for completing this survey! The questionnaire attempted to investigate how attitudes of racism have changed in modern football from perhaps more traditional, overt expressions of prejudice in previous years or decades. Your answers have been recorded awaiting analysis. If you have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me at lf166@student.le.ac.uk. Also, if you wish to receive a copy of the final write up, please email me and I would be happy to send my findings.

If you are uncomfortable regarding the nature of this survey, there are some useful links below:
    Kick It Out (A national footballing association attempting to reduce racism and provide support to victims) - https://www.kickitout.org/
    NHS (For mental health and stress related information) - https://www.nhs.uk/
    Mind (For mental health support) - https://www.mind.org.uk/

Comment

Working...
    X