Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Toast

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Hubble
    Postmodernist
    • Jan 2013
    • 5616

    #16
    Jeez I can't stand pumpernickel, Frags. Thin, dense, yet crumbly and slightly sour. Toast bread it is not!

    Comment

    • vespa
      Gang of Four Members
      • Mar 2011
      • 6903

      #17
      Originally posted by Fraggy
      Here ya go Vesps:

      A more complex offering, not your everyday fare, more of a Sunday morning in bed type.
      In reference to whether or not you should toast both sides, one sided toasting has to be accompanied by a good Hartleys strawberry jam; but like your Pumpernickel, shouldn't be an everyday occurrence
      Cheers for the link Fraggs ,but it didnt come up with anything ! i`ll do some research of my own .
      I`ll ask that rotten purple c unt ,here goes.....

      Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

      Comment

      • Fraggy
        Administrator
        • Aug 2010
        • 9728

        #18
        Originally posted by Hubble
        Jeez I can't stand pumpernickel, Frags. Thin, dense, yet crumbly and slightly sour. Toast bread it is not!
        Buy an uncut loaf Hubs and make door steps.
        Like I said, it's not your everyday toast
        Minds Are Like Parachutes.
        Work Best When Open...
        @Nowt2SeeHere

        Comment

        • Stanley
          Guest
          • Mar 2009
          • 23693

          #19
          Following a paleo-ketogenic diet currently so carbs are out, but on my cheat days I'd go for a nice white bloomer, fresh granary or a thick slice of bulka.

          Comment

          • Blobbers
            Apprentice
            • Mar 2018
            • 216

            #20
            Originally posted by Stanley
            Following a paleo-ketogenic diet currently so carbs are out, but on my cheat days I'd go for a nice white bloomer, fresh granary or a thick slice of bulka.
            That's the spirit!Sod it.
            Since I'm diabetic I'm not really supposed to eat toast."Man's got to die of something" my GP once muttered around the neck of a whisky bottle.
            "....that'll be thirty guineas"

            Comment

            • Stanley
              Guest
              • Mar 2009
              • 23693

              #21
              Originally posted by Blobbers
              That's the spirit!Sod it.
              Since I'm diabetic I'm not really supposed to eat toast."Man's got to die of something" my GP once muttered around the neck of a whisky bottle.
              "....that'll be thirty guineas"
              I'll toast to that :-)

              Comment

              • Tarbie
                Gold Seat
                • Mar 2009
                • 8542

                #22
                Originally posted by Stanley
                Following a paleo-ketogenic diet currently so carbs are out, but on my cheat days I'd go for a nice white bloomer, fresh granary or a thick slice of bulka.
                How's that going mate?

                I've been hopping on and off Paleo for a few years now. At one stage I'd lost 25kgs, although I did look like Mo Farah's pale skinned cousin!

                I like the principles if the diet. Avoid added sugars, eat whole organic foods and none of that processed rubbish. Biggest problem I found is that it only really works 100% if you abstain from the booze too.

                Comment

                • Stanley
                  Guest
                  • Mar 2009
                  • 23693

                  #23
                  Originally posted by Tarbie
                  How's that going mate?

                  I've been hopping on and off Paleo for a few years now. At one stage I'd lost 25kgs, although I did look like Mo Farah's pale skinned cousin!

                  I like the principles if the diet. Avoid added sugars, eat whole organic foods and none of that processed rubbish. Biggest problem I found is that it only really works 100% if you abstain from the booze too.
                  Quite well mate. Have lost weight and improved my energy levels. It's unique in that it combines the paleolithic and ketogenic diets together, so gets the benefits of both. This book by Dr Sarah Myhill is the go-to resource for it: https://www.amazon.co.uk/PK-Cookbook.../dp/1781611289 She was a NHS GP for 18 years.

                  Basic principle is that in ketosis you draw your energy levels from ketones rather than glucose/carbohydrates. That way you avoid blood sugar highs and lows and have more sustained energy levels. My sleep quality has improved a lot too and I rarely get sick or catch colds. It's meant to be effective in warding off classic western diseases like cancers, high blood pressure, alzheimers, parkinsons etc. Bold claims but there's a great deal of solid science and years of studies and research behind it. As for booze, spirits like gin and vodka are fairly low carb, so you don't need cut out alcohol entirely. You still have to moderate it though.

                  Comment

                  • Blobbers
                    Apprentice
                    • Mar 2018
                    • 216

                    #24
                    Originally posted by Stanley
                    Quite well mate. Have lost weight and improved my energy levels. It's unique in that it combines the paleolithic and ketogenic diets together, so gets the benefits of both. This book by Dr Sarah Myhill is the go-to resource for it: https://www.amazon.co.uk/PK-Cookbook.../dp/1781611289 She was a NHS GP for 18 years.

                    Basic principle is that in ketosis you draw your energy levels from ketones rather than glucose/carbohydrates. That way you avoid blood sugar highs and lows and have more sustained energy levels. My sleep quality has improved a lot too and I rarely get sick or catch colds. It's meant to be effective in warding off classic western diseases like cancers, high blood pressure, alzheimers, parkinsons etc. Bold claims but there's a great deal of solid science and years of studies and research behind it. As for booze, spirits like gin and vodka are fairly low carb, so you don't need cut out alcohol entirely. You still have to moderate it though.
                    I was thinking about a Paleolithic diet but am finding it difficult to source Woolly Mammoth steaks.
                    I'll bet they had toast back in the Stone Age.It's a natural progression,you invent fire and what's the first thing you use it for?That's right,stick something on a fork and shove it against the flames.

                    Comment

                    • Blobbers
                      Apprentice
                      • Mar 2018
                      • 216

                      #25
                      You just need that glucose hit in the mornings to get you up and running.Mostly to brush away the cobwebs of sleep to allow you the alertness to swerve around the old buggers doing 29 mph on a twisty country road.
                      Mackay's Dundee Orange Marmalade on granary toast...... gid aht of my wayyyyy!

                      Comment

                      • Stanley
                        Guest
                        • Mar 2009
                        • 23693

                        #26
                        Originally posted by Blobbers
                        You just need that glucose hit in the mornings to get you up and running.Mostly to brush away the cobwebs of sleep to allow you the alertness to swerve around the old buggers doing 29 mph on a twisty country road.
                        Mackay's Dundee Orange Marmalade on granary toast...... gid aht of my wayyyyy!
                        In that little red tractor Blobs? I thought your top speed was only 25 mph

                        Comment

                        • Blobbers
                          Apprentice
                          • Mar 2018
                          • 216

                          #27
                          Originally posted by Stanley
                          In that little red tractor Blobs? I thought your top speed was only 25 mph
                          Heeeeheeeeeeee...

                          Comment

                          Working...