Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Toast

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Blobbers
    Apprentice
    • Mar 2018
    • 216

    #1

    Toast

    White or brown bread?
    Oh maaaaannnnnn...... the toaster beckons.
  • vespa
    Gang of Four Members
    • Mar 2011
    • 6903

    #2
    Granary or white , plain brown is for ##### bomberclaats
    Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

    Comment

    • Blobbers
      Apprentice
      • Mar 2018
      • 216

      #3
      Originally posted by vespa
      Granary or white , plain brown is for ##### bomberclaats
      MMmmmmmmmmmmm....granary......feels like that John Hurt moment in Alien.......but in a gooood way.

      Comment

      • Fraggy
        Administrator
        • Aug 2010
        • 9728

        #4
        Pumpernickel.
        Minds Are Like Parachutes.
        Work Best When Open...
        @Nowt2SeeHere

        Comment

        • Itsonlyagame
          Silver Seat
          • Jul 2015
          • 2053

          #5
          Seeded granary, real butter and marmite.
          Yeah baby.
          “He'll regret it till his dying day, if ever he lives that long”
          Will Danaher

          Comment

          • Tarbie
            Gold Seat
            • Mar 2009
            • 8542

            #6
            I try and avoid white carbs these days. But if I was to indulge then I'd go for white toast, left on a toast rack to cool for a few minutes before spreading a nice thick layer of salted butter on it. The toast must be cool enough so the butter doesn't melt. If the butter melts and makes the toast soggy then everything is ruined!

            Not that I'm particular about these things or anything!

            Comment

            • Itsonlyagame
              Silver Seat
              • Jul 2015
              • 2053

              #7
              Should one toast both sides or just one, a la a certain Englishman abroad.
              “He'll regret it till his dying day, if ever he lives that long”
              Will Danaher

              Comment

              • 72bus
                Gold Seat
                • Mar 2011
                • 9533

                #8
                white crusty bread the best ' holy ghost' u can make

                Comment

                • Hubble
                  Postmodernist
                  • Jan 2013
                  • 5616

                  #9
                  Obviously you can't beat a proper farmhouse loaf sliced thick, toasted and then lashings of butter.... but if you're going to go for brown, then I highly recommend Cranks organic - you can get it at Sainsbury's and it is absolutely delicious. Sourdough is a ####in joke toasted.

                  Comment

                  • vespa
                    Gang of Four Members
                    • Mar 2011
                    • 6903

                    #10
                    Originally posted by Fraggy
                    Pumpernickel.
                    Whats that Fraggs ? Sound like the sort of thing that horrible t wat Barney the dinosaur would eat.
                    Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

                    Comment

                    • vespa
                      Gang of Four Members
                      • Mar 2011
                      • 6903

                      #11
                      Originally posted by Tarbie
                      I try and avoid white carbs these days. But if I was to indulge then I'd go for white toast, left on a toast rack to cool for a few minutes before spreading a nice thick layer of salted butter on it. The toast must be cool enough so the butter doesn't melt. If the butter melts and makes the toast soggy then everything is ruined!

                      Not that I'm particular about these things or anything!
                      My Mrs is like that about toast ,i thought she was the only crazy toast person out there .
                      I prefer Bertolli to butter and the toast has to be just popped ,with marmite obvs.
                      Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

                      Comment

                      • MattyRangers
                        Slimmer of The Year
                        • Jun 2011
                        • 24914

                        #12
                        Sourdough is my personal preference of late.
                        You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

                        Comment

                        • Itsonlyagame
                          Silver Seat
                          • Jul 2015
                          • 2053

                          #13
                          Originally posted by Hubble
                          Obviously you can't beat a proper farmhouse loaf sliced thick, toasted and then lashings of butter.... but if you're going to go for brown, then I highly recommend Cranks organic - you can get it at Sainsbury's and it is absolutely delicious. Sourdough is a ####in joke toasted.
                          Good call regarding the Cranks. My Mrs who’s the sole provider of sophistication in our relationship got me into that.
                          “He'll regret it till his dying day, if ever he lives that long”
                          Will Danaher

                          Comment

                          • Tarbie
                            Gold Seat
                            • Mar 2009
                            • 8542

                            #14
                            Originally posted by vespa
                            My Mrs is like that about toast ,i thought she was the only crazy toast person out there .
                            I prefer Bertolli to butter and the toast has to be just popped ,with marmite obvs.
                            No, I think there are a few of us. Ain't toast if it's soggy in my opinion. Needs to maintain a decent level of crispness!

                            Comment

                            • Fraggy
                              Administrator
                              • Aug 2010
                              • 9728

                              #15
                              Originally posted by vespa
                              Whats that Fraggs ? Sound like the sort of thing that horrible t wat Barney the dinosaur would eat.
                              Here ya go Vesps:

                              A more complex offering, not your everyday fare, more of a Sunday morning in bed type.
                              In reference to whether or not you should toast both sides, one sided toasting has to be accompanied by a good Hartleys strawberry jam; but like your Pumpernickel, shouldn't be an everyday occurrence
                              Minds Are Like Parachutes.
                              Work Best When Open...
                              @Nowt2SeeHere

                              Comment

                              Working...