Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Squirrels

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Itsonlyagame
    Silver Seat
    • Jul 2015
    • 2053

    #1

    Squirrels

    Fu€king hate them. Two of the little b@stards are bullying my cat so much so he's started having a Johnny cash in my bath instead of next doors garden.
    I bought an air rifle recently but the little €unts seem to know they're safe on the fence as I can't risk taking someone's eye out in the garden behind mine.
    Anyone else have any problems or ideas.
    If this carries on much longer I'll be tempted to shoot the cat.
    “He'll regret it till his dying day, if ever he lives that long”
    Will Danaher
  • 72bus
    Gold Seat
    • Mar 2011
    • 9533

    #2
    a mate of mine earns a fortune sorting out , squirrels , rats , spiders ,etc , some woman had a fox trapped in here shed he opened the shed door the fox run off , £600 nice

    Comment

    • Itsonlyagame
      Silver Seat
      • Jul 2015
      • 2053

      #3
      Originally posted by 72bus
      a mate of mine earns a fortune sorting out , squirrels , rats , spiders ,etc , some woman had a fox trapped in here shed he opened the shed door the fox run off , £600 nice
      I'd say I'm in the wrong job mate but I'm clearly useless at this game.
      Had one in my sights a minute ago but missed.
      Think I might have put a hole in someone's shirt hanging on a washing line.
      “He'll regret it till his dying day, if ever he lives that long”
      Will Danaher

      Comment

      • lymehoop
        Gold Seat
        • Mar 2009
        • 7380

        #4
        Originally posted by Itsonlyagame
        I'd say I'm in the wrong job mate but I'm clearly useless at this game.
        Had one in my sights a minute ago but missed.
        Think I might have put a hole in someone's shirt hanging on a washing line.
        you might be better off having a pop with an Uzi
        I must away now, I can no longer tarry
        This morning's tempest I have to cross
        I must be guided without a stumble
        Into the arms I love the most

        Comment

        • Itsonlyagame
          Silver Seat
          • Jul 2015
          • 2053

          #5
          Originally posted by lymehoop
          you might be better off having a pop with an Uzi
          Haha, now you're talking.
          “He'll regret it till his dying day, if ever he lives that long”
          Will Danaher

          Comment

          • Stanley
            Guest
            • Mar 2009
            • 23693

            #6
            Itso, there's a poster over on LFW by the name of TiberiusKirk who does all our pest/vermin control issues. Would highly recommend him. He's solid Rangers too. Drop him a PM and I'm sure he'll come to the rescue. Tell him I sent you too

            Comment

            • Itsonlyagame
              Silver Seat
              • Jul 2015
              • 2053

              #7
              Originally posted by Stanley
              Itso, there's a poster over on LFW by the name of TiberiusKirk who does all our pest/vermin control issues. Would highly recommend him. He's solid Rangers too. Drop him a PM and I'm sure he'll come to the rescue. Tell him I sent you too
              Nice one Stan
              “He'll regret it till his dying day, if ever he lives that long”
              Will Danaher

              Comment

              • Fraggy
                Administrator
                • Aug 2010
                • 9728

                #8
                I find a semi SK using NATO rounds works for me.
                We have squirrels, raccoons, skunks and the occasional bear in the autumn.
                I find the red and the grey squirrels to be the worse as they get in your roof and chew up your wiring, black ones tend to just terrorize the birds in the trees.
                My neighbour managed to hit a grey squirrel on my roof last week.
                I allowed the wife to use an old air rifle last week so scare a racoon off our roof, and she missed out the window from 4 feet away
                Another option if you can't get your hands on a semi auto assault rifle is to soak a rag in ammonia and leave it near where they show up and spray someone along the top of your fence.
                Minds Are Like Parachutes.
                Work Best When Open...
                @Nowt2SeeHere

                Comment

                • Hertford Hoop
                  W12 Seat
                  • Mar 2009
                  • 15998

                  #9
                  Originally posted by Itsonlyagame
                  Fu€king hate them. Two of the little b@stards are bullying my cat so much so he's started having a Johnny cash in my bath instead of next doors garden.
                  I bought an air rifle recently but the little €unts seem to know they're safe on the fence as I can't risk taking someone's eye out in the garden behind mine.
                  Anyone else have any problems or ideas.
                  If this carries on much longer I'll be tempted to shoot the cat.
                  Whereabouts are you located Itsonly? I look after a large organisations pest control contract and could put you in touch with a couple of firms. If your in the London area then it might be a step to far for them.
                  I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

                  Comment

                  • Itsonlyagame
                    Silver Seat
                    • Jul 2015
                    • 2053

                    #10
                    Originally posted by Hertford Hoop
                    Whereabouts are you located Itsonly? I look after a large organisations pest control contract and could put you in touch with a couple of firms. If your in the London area then it might be a step to far for them.
                    In Twickenham mate.
                    I'm glad to say 50% of the problem has been taken care of as of this afternoon.
                    I bought a cage trap from a garden centre yesterday and came home to a very angery tree rat this evening.
                    Think I might have it covered now but thanks for all the advice guys.
                    “He'll regret it till his dying day, if ever he lives that long”
                    Will Danaher

                    Comment

                    • Itsonlyagame
                      Silver Seat
                      • Jul 2015
                      • 2053

                      #11
                      Originally posted by Fraggy
                      I find a semi SK using NATO rounds works for me.
                      We have squirrels, raccoons, skunks and the occasional bear in the autumn.
                      I find the red and the grey squirrels to be the worse as they get in your roof and chew up your wiring, black ones tend to just terrorize the birds in the trees.
                      My neighbour managed to hit a grey squirrel on my roof last week.
                      I allowed the wife to use an old air rifle last week so scare a racoon off our roof, and she missed out the window from 4 feet away
                      Another option if you can't get your hands on a semi auto assault rifle is to soak a rag in ammonia and leave it near where they show up and spray someone along the top of your fence.
                      Crikey Fraggy, if I took yours and Lymes advice I'd probably spend the next ten years trying to watch rangers play from D wing wormwood scrubs
                      “He'll regret it till his dying day, if ever he lives that long”
                      Will Danaher

                      Comment

                      • Fraggy
                        Administrator
                        • Aug 2010
                        • 9728

                        #12
                        Originally posted by Itsonlyagame
                        Crikey Fraggy, if I took yours and Lymes advice I'd probably spend the next ten years trying to watch rangers play from D wing wormwood scrubs
                        I hear the view from there is quite divine
                        Minds Are Like Parachutes.
                        Work Best When Open...
                        @Nowt2SeeHere

                        Comment

                        • UpperP
                          Silver Seat
                          • Jul 2010
                          • 1055

                          #13
                          Originally posted by 72bus
                          a mate of mine earns a fortune sorting out , squirrels , rats , spiders ,etc , some woman had a fox trapped in here shed he opened the shed door the fox run off , £600 nice
                          Had a problem with pigeons at work and the pest control company charge about £300 for a visit. He shot 11 in about an hour. Nice work if you can get it.
                          Apparently birds can't p*ss or sh*t separately, probably explains why it's always wet :-)

                          Comment

                          • Itsonlyagame
                            Silver Seat
                            • Jul 2015
                            • 2053

                            #14
                            Originally posted by UpperP
                            Had a problem with pigeons at work and the pest control company charge about £300 for a visit. He shot 11 in about an hour. Nice work if you can get it.
                            Apparently birds can't p*ss or sh*t separately, probably explains why it's always wet :-)
                            I ate some food from one of those street stalls in Bangkok once, had the same problem soon after.
                            “He'll regret it till his dying day, if ever he lives that long”
                            Will Danaher

                            Comment

                            Working...