I never buy that argument. Firstly I think he has scored 16 goals in 25 games against English clubs and those English clubs are the best as they are all in the champions league. I'm sure after scoring that many against Manchester City, Manchester United,etc that Huddersfield and Burnley won't be too difficult. Plus it's still the myth that the premier league is the best league so you have to prove yourself in that league.
Unconfigured Ad Widget
Collapse
Ronaldo
Collapse
X
-
This. The whole 'doing it in the PL' is nonsense. Exactly as you say, Messi has proven time and time again he can score against the best our country has to offer when he comes up against them in the Champs League. I highly doubt he would struggle to perform against the Burnleys, Watfords and Southamptons of this worldI never buy that argument. Firstly I think he has scored 16 goals in 25 games against English clubs and those English clubs are the best as they are all in the champions league. I'm sure after scoring that many against Manchester City, Manchester United,etc that Huddersfield and Burnley won't be too difficult. Plus it's still the myth that the premier league is the best league so you have to prove yourself in that league.
You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.Comment
-
I did say IMHO and I respect yours. I'm not talking about games against the PL elite, but the number of games. Not against teams like Burnley who are new to the PL, but try and play attractive football. I'm talking about teams like Stoke, who will make life uncomfortable for a guy of his stature. CR for any exceptionally talented player, is also built like a brick out house.This. The whole 'doing it in the PL' is nonsense. Exactly as you say, Messi has proven time and time again he can score against the best our country has to offer when he comes up against them in the Champs League. I highly doubt he would struggle to perform against the Burnleys, Watfords and Southamptons of this world
Comment
Comment