Europe. In or out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
    Vigil for Jo Cox being held on Thursday, David Beckham rumoured to be the chief mourner.
    Public expected to be corralled into public spaces to watch it on large TV screens.

Comment

• Season ticket holder.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
        Public expected to be corralled into public spaces to watch it on large TV screens.
        The remain lot will lap this up.
        nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

• Indeed he is an R
          Always difficult for me ( teacher) as his education reforms were somewhat misguided to put it mildly. He never seemed to want to listen and didn't seem to get that the 21st century pupil is very different from those that he went to school with. And he was somewhat stubborn.
          However, with him and Alan Johnson of Remain also an R, we are clearly at the centre of the debate. It's sad that there has been so much Bile on here of late. Let's hope that when it's over we can unite again and moan at whichever player is the latest bully boy victim, rather than half truths and exaggerations about the EU.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snaxo View Post
            The EU is far from perfect, for sure. In fact you're never going to get perfect in such an org. So let's stay outside the EU.

Then we still have to pay the EU millions to trade (with EU member states) and have no influence on their reform whatsoever, and have likely poorer trade terms and far harder asset mobility across borders.
            Then we have to re-negotiate trade deals with everyone else (imagine what a nightmare that will be as such deals take years to tie down - Switzerland still hasn't finished and it's been negotiating for yonks) - who will most likely want to wait to see what deal we get with the EU anyway.
            The statistics about us paying more out than we get back have been well and truly debunked.
            I am afraid that is nonsense about how much we pay in, more lies from Remain.
            I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hove Ranger View Post
              Merkel doesn't pull the strings as much as they make out, it's the troika you need to watch out for. IMF and ECB are the silent overseers.
              Here is an extract from her speech in London 2 years ago.

"I have been told many times during the last few days that there are very special expectations of my speech here today. Supposedly, or so I have heard, some expect my speech to pave the way for a fundamental reform of the European architecture which will satisfy all kinds of alleged or actual British wishes. I am afraid they are in for a disappointment".

If we Remain, we will get screwed by the Germans, if we vote out, money talks and minds may be changed about change, but not if we vote to remain.

Comment

• Read what 250 Sky News posters are saying about Beckham supporting Remain.

http://news.sky.com/story/1715060/be...-in-remain-box

About 230 posters think he is wrong voting out.

Comment

• Originally posted by cross it Dave View Post
                  I am afraid that is nonsense about how much we pay in, more lies from Remain.
                  Which part is nonsense, and where is your supporting info to clarify why it is nonsense, please.

Comment

• Originally posted by wortonranger View Post
                    Indeed he is an R
                    Always difficult for me ( teacher) as his education reforms were somewhat misguided to put it mildly. He never seemed to want to listen and didn't seem to get that the 21st century pupil is very different from those that he went to school with. And he was somewhat stubborn.
                    However, with him and Alan Johnson of Remain also an R, we are clearly at the centre of the debate. It's sad that there has been so much Bile on here of late. Let's hope that when it's over we can unite again and moan at whichever player is the latest bully boy victim, rather than half truths and exaggerations about the EU.
                    I've got the names of all you Quislings etched in my mind. When the gullible and frightened vote to Remain and the Germans make us pay for having the temerity of having this referendum. You and your ilk will be getting a right earful
                    Last edited by lymehoop; 21-06-2016, 06:17 PM.
                    I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                    This morning's tempest I have to cross
                    I must be guided without a stumble
                    Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Which part is nonsense, and where is your supporting info to clarify why it is nonsense, please.
                      I could say the same to you, where is your evidence, £55 million a day is a figure banded about formany years, now Remain want to deny we are even net contributors, you could make it up.
                      Last edited by cross it Dave; 21-06-2016, 04:26 PM.

Comment

Here is an extract from her speech in London 2 years ago.

"I have been told many times during the last few days that there are very special expectations of my speech here today. Supposedly, or so I have heard, some expect my speech to pave the way for a fundamental reform of the European architecture which will satisfy all kinds of alleged or actual British wishes. I am afraid they are in for a disappointment".

If we Remain, we will get screwed by the Germans, if we vote out, money talks and minds may be changed about change, but not if we vote to remain.
                        Cheers Dave. Doesn't really prove Merkel is pulling the strings though. The IMF and ECB pull all the strings, the Germans are just the scapegoats

Comment

• We pay several different amounts to the EU including a percentage of VAT receipts, which of course varies. We do of course still get the rebate which Mrs. Thatcher negotiated but who knows how much longer this will last. The EU states that VAT has to be at least 15%. The reduced rate of 5% for utilities can be changed by the EU at any time. The amount we have been paying to the EU has increased every year because we are apparently a rich country.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hove Ranger View Post
                            Cheers Dave. Doesn't really prove Merkel is pulling the strings though. The IMF and ECB pull all the strings, the Germans are just the scapegoats
                            So she stands up in front of hundreds of British MP's and tells Great Britian to sod off and she not pulling strings, sorry pull the other one.

Comment

So she stands up in front of hundreds of British MP's and tells Great Britian to sod off and she not pulling strings, sorry pull the other one.
                              She may be doing the talking but doesn't mean she's pulling the strings. And is probably afforded her privileged position for doing so

Comment

http://infacts.org/uk-doesnt-send-eu...-or-55m-a-day/

It stands to reason that the business benefits of being part of the EU outweigh the current 'membership' costs especially when you take into account we'd be paying just as much when outside of it for the right to trade with its member states, doesn't it?

Still waiting for your counter evidence to the contrary....

Comment

Working...
                                X