Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daltry Leave
    Warsi Remain
    11 powerful Congressmen say we will be in the front of the queue if we Brexit
    I must away now, I can no longer tarry
    This morning's tempest I have to cross
    I must be guided without a stumble
    Into the arms I love the most

Comment

• Originally posted by scuberry View Post
      This guy says he is not biased but clearly is as again he puts a spin on the truth,for one says the Brussels court and judges that we bang on about being unelected and making our decisions is not true,the 28 member states make up the decisions and the courts carry them out,well,did i vote these 27 other member states in ? do i want them to make up our rules and tell us what to do ? we cannot veto anything against the 27 so quite clearly the courts are running it,just another remainer trying to come across as an independent,he started to bore me after that as quite clearly isn't as independent as he would like you to believe,the dirty tricks by the remain camp get worse as we get closer !!
      LOL.

Comment

• Originally posted by scuberry View Post
        This guy says he is not biased but clearly is as again he puts a spin on the truth,for one says the Brussels court and judges that we bang on about being unelected and making our decisions is not true,the 28 member states make up the decisions and the courts carry them out,well,did i vote these 27 other member states in ? do i want them to make up our rules and tell us what to do ? we cannot veto anything against the 27 so quite clearly the courts are running it,just another remainer trying to come across as an independent,he started to bore me after that as quite clearly isn't as independent as he would like you to believe,the dirty tricks by the remain camp get worse as we get closer !!
        As soon as I saw it was on the University of Liverpool's website, I went no further.
        I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

• Originally posted by jmelanie View Post
          Stopped listening after he said the EU was one of the most important international organizations on the planet. Really.
          Is it not one of the major trading blocs? Would say that makes it somewhat important. Not that I 100% agree with what was said but to dismiss it based on that point is a bit strange
          Last edited by Hove Ranger; 20-06-2016, 02:30 PM.

Comment

• If you are determined not to view things with an open mind (and call everyone biased who doesn't agree with you- christ!) , and determined to ignore the overwhelming weight of opinion from around the world (not just the UK) ...then fine I guess, you are perfectly entitled to. I've said it before - I manage a global business unit at one of the worlds largest Corporates (and previously I managed Europe) - I can very clearly see how leaving the EU is likely to be detrimental. But don't take my word for it, or any of the many actual recognised experts and European / World Leaders - listen to Farage and Johnson......

I notice the pound soared with the highest swing since 2008 on news that the vote has swung back to remain (according to polls). Previously, stocks plummeted following news that Leave had taken a lead (and I saw the impact on personal investments overnight....grrr). God knows what will happen if we actually leave! One can fairly safely predict however a period of further economic austerity, which funnily enough ... will likely affect most a large part of the demographic that seems to be voting leave (and to which they seem to continue to be utterly oblivious to).

Comment

• Today is the last recommended day for postal votes. Don't miss out

Comment

• Originally posted by Snaxo View Post
                If you are determined not to view things with an open mind (and call everyone biased who doesn't agree with you- christ!) , and determined to ignore the overwhelming weight of opinion from around the world (not just the UK) ...then fine I guess, you are perfectly entitled to. I've said it before - I manage a global business unit at one of the worlds largest Corporates (and previously I managed Europe) - I can very clearly see how leaving the EU is likely to be detrimental. But don't take my word for it, or any of the many actual recognised experts and European / World Leaders - listen to Farage and Johnson......

I notice the pound soared with the highest swing since 2008 on news that the vote has swung back to remain (according to polls). Previously, stocks plummeted following news that Leave had taken a lead (and I saw the impact on personal investments overnight....grrr). God knows what will happen if we actually leave! One can fairly safely predict however a period of further economic austerity, which funnily enough ... will likely affect most a large part of the demographic that seems to be voting leave (and to which they seem to continue to be utterly oblivious to).
                Have you watched Brexit the movie?
                I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

If you are determined not to view things with an open mind (and call everyone biased who doesn't agree with you- christ!) , and determined to ignore the overwhelming weight of opinion from around the world (not just the UK) ...then fine I guess, you are perfectly entitled to. I've said it before - I manage a global business unit at one of the worlds largest Corporates (and previously I managed Europe) - I can very clearly see how leaving the EU is likely to be detrimental. But don't take my word for it, or any of the many actual recognised experts and European / World Leaders - listen to Farage and Johnson......

Im not one for getting into politics and arguments as it bores me to tears,and at the top with all the parties there all lying gits anyway who are only interested in looking out for themselves! most people arent bosses of there own big companies or have loads of shares like you have,so itll hardly affect us in the next few years,but from what ive read dont we hand over about £300 odd billion to which we dont even get half of that back,seems to me its only going to affect the wealthy/rich and not us day to day normal folk,anyway its about getting our country back,im sure our grand parents who fought in wars would be disgusted at whats happening now & giving ourselves to unelected foreigners to make our decisions for us lol,disgraceful tbh in my opinion,wheres the british bulldog? anyone who loves the eu so much move over there anyway ill leave it to the experts to carry on......
                  http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

• I hadn't but I just googled it. I'll try and find time to watch it as I try to listen to both side of the argument. And there are some valid points on for Brexit, it's just they pale against the weight of the arguments to remain.
                    The film better get better than the first line, as that was just the same old nonsense rhetoric.....

Comment

• Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
                      Im not one for getting into politics and arguments as it bores me to tears,and at the top with all the parties there all lying gits anyway who are only interested in looking out for themselves! most people arent bosses of there own big companies or have loads of shares like you have,so itll hardly affect us in the next few years,but from what ive read dont we hand over about £300 odd billion to which we dont even get half of that back,seems to me its only going to affect the wealthy/rich and not us day to day normal folk,anyway its about getting our country back,im sure our grand parents who fought in wars would be disgusted at whats happening now & giving ourselves to unelected foreigners to make our decisions for us lol,disgraceful tbh in my opinion,wheres the british bulldog? anyone who loves the eu so much move over there anyway ill leave it to the experts to carry on......
                      No no my friend - it is exactly YOU who will it affect the most. Wealthy folk can ride out stock market fluctuations over the longer term (for example). However, if we are forced into a period of increased austerity who exactly do you think that will affect the most or have you completely ignored what the Tory party have been doing in this country over the last couple of years.

What you don't get is that it's not as simple as saying we put x amount in and only get x back. What we get back is through our businesses and through trade - which is not accounted for in the x in / x out numbers. Please don't keep believing the 'half statistics' that are banded around by the media in a deliberate attempt to ....well I don't need to point it out.

Comment

I understand that being in the EU is beneficial to the company you work for, but it isn't beneficial to me therefore I will be voting to leave

Comment

• Keep hearing its about trade but we dont do that much trade with eu countries do we! & i bet these politicians get nice deals out of these trade deals aswell,as i said there only really interested in themselves and what they can get out of it! you say we`ll be in for a rough time,but itll be worth it for a couple of years if we can get our country back! & wont there be more jobs around available,with alot of foreigners leaving the uk if we voted out! then the rent market wouldnt be so inflated rent wise,& then jobs would be filled with more uk people with the money staying here & being spent! would of thought thats quite obvious

Comment

• Also i work for myself in the building trade and my prices have gone down & down because of cheap labour taking my work,so cant see it getting worse for me as the last couple of years have been the worst!

Comment

• The company I work for is made up of people. People are our asset. We're a Services business. The ability for people to move freely to work across the EU is hugely beneficial. It's beneficial for the company, yes, but also for those people.
                              The lack of red tape compared to using people outside the EU is phenomenal. This benefits our customers hugely (and you'll deal directly with many of our customers in one way or another) and keeps costs down. Which keeps your costs down. So, most likely, even if you don't see it directly...it might well benefit you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
                                Keep hearing its about trade but we dont do that much trade with eu countries do we! & i bet these politicians get nice deals out of these trade deals aswell,as i said there only really interested in themselves and what they can get out of it! you say we`ll be in for a rough time,but itll be worth it for a couple of years if we can get our country back! & wont there be more jobs around available,with alot of foreigners leaving the uk if we voted out! then the rent market wouldnt be so inflated rent wise,& then jobs would be filled with more uk people with the money staying here & being spent! would of thought thats quite obvious
                                Pinkie I'm sure you are well intentioned - but wtf are you on about? We don't do much trade with other EU countries?

In 2015, 44% of the UK’s goods and services were exported to the EU, while 53% of our imports came to the UK from the EU.

In the same year, UK exports to the EU were valued at £223.3 billion, while UK imports from the EU stood at £291.1 billion.

Will there be more jobs around? You do realise that we have THE LOWEST UNEMPLOYMENT for 10 years right now, right? Which means that vast majority of incoming EU folks are just getting a job and becoming a productive member of society (often doing key skill jobs, and clearly paying their taxes).

Quite a lot of the people who have left the UK to go to the EU (around 2 million) are apparently the 'older generation'. So let's exit Europe, send all these young working folks back where they came from and bring all our old folks back. That'll be great for the economy and the NHS won't it!! Ok I'm getting a bit carried away but you get the point! ;-)

Comment

Working...
                                X