Match Thread | Brentford 3 QPR 0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Match Thread | Brentford 3 QPR 0

QPR can beat Brentford at their own game to turn FFP trouble into west London derby dominance

They may be rivals, but the Hoops and the Bees are more similar than either would care to admit.

Brentford are a club who QPR fans view almost like an annoying younger sibling.

For many years the Bees have merely been a geographical rival, but now it seems that the two clubs are much more of an even match.

https://www.football.london/queens-p...derby-15896634

Queens Park Rangers' Bright Osayi-Samuel must be considered for Brentford clash.

Although he is trying to force his way into the starting line-up, Bright Osayi-Samuel is making positive strides and could play a huge part in the game with Brentford this weekend.

The Queens Park Rangers winger has been afforded more game time over the last month, looking particularly impressive and providing Rangers more width and pace. It is highly unlikely Osayi-Samuel will start on Saturday, but his expected appearance from the bench can be huge.

QPR have struggled of late at Griffin Park, and they will need to be at their very best to snuff out an improving Bees side. Osayi-Samuel will certainly bring the desired energy and passion required for the derby, if not the experience.

The right-winger was highly-rated at former club Blackpool, and those feelings are being realised of late, and he can bring a different dimension to Steve McClaren's side against their neighbours.

Not only is he a threat going forward, Osayi-Samuel has shown strong defensive qualities that will need to be demonstrated if given the minutes, especially in the latter reaches of the game.

If anything, it can prove the perfect opportunity for Osayi-Samuel to stake his claim as an automatic starter. There is still a lot for him to learn but he is shining bright currently, and he would be the talk of west London if he could score the winner.

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2019/02/2...-for-west-lon/

Comment

I`m glad we have BOS at our club.
      QPR
      Best team in the world
      Sort of

Comment

Bidwell winner and adebayor celebration imminent . JN

Comment

Would really love to smash them on Saturday, hopefully our performance against Leeds has given us some great confidence and our luck has changed a bit, I WILL LOVE IT ,JUST LOVE IT IF WE BEAT THEM, in the words or a certain Mr Keegan

Comment

If Smith injured, could play BOS LW and move Freeman into the number 10 role behind Wells? Meaning we could bench the lazy Eze? We are really gonna need 11 players on the park who will work and graft for the team away to the Bees tomorrow. Thoughts?

Comment

they're struggling to sell their tickets, let's hope we help them
              I must away now, I can no longer tarry
              This morning's tempest I have to cross
              I must be guided without a stumble
              Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Rangers eyeing league double over Bees

QPR have the chance of doing the double over Brentford for the first time since 1961 when the R’s travel to Griffin Park on Saturday.

Steve McClaren’s side were victorious in a pulsating game between the two sides in November with the Hoops coming out 3-2 winners.

The R’s have struggled in recent games at Griffin Park and have still not won since Marc Bircham’s stunning late strike back in 2003.

QPR go into this game buoyed by a hard-fought win against Leeds on Tuesday but this will arguably be as tough a match with the Bees winning their last six home fixtures and are currently in their best form of the campaign.

Frank’s side possesses a wealth of talent going forward with the likes of Sergi Canos, Saïd Benrahma, Ollie Watkins and top goalscorer Neal Maupay all threats in their 3-4-3 formation.

A QPR win would see the R’s leapfrog their opponents and potentially move into 14th place depending on other results.

Head to Head

Played 73

Brentford wins 26

Draws 24

QPR wins 23 Classic Encounter

Brentford 1-2 QPR – April 2003

A last-minute winner from Marc Bircham settled a thrilling encounter and kept QPR's playoff hopes on track with a win at Brentford.

The midfielder popped up on the corner of the box to slam a rasping drive into the net and send the visiting fans wild.

Rangers had taken the lead through Danny Shittu but substitute Mark Peters levelled nine minutes from time.

Man in the Middle

Keith Stroud – Has handed out 52 yellow cards, one red card and five penalties in the 15 Championship games that he has refereed this season. Stroud was last in charge of the R’s 3-0 victory against Ipswich in December and was also Fourth Official for the QPR’s win against Leeds in the week.

Manager Quotes

Steve McClaren: “They are a different team playing a different formation - 3-4-3 - they aren’t just winning at home, they are beating Blackburn by five and Hull by five and Villa they could easily have won three or four. I’ve been to Brentford before and it’s a tight stadium a bit like ours and they will come out of the traps fast in the first 20 minutes.”

Thomas Frank: “We know it’s a massive game for the fans, we are totally aware of that and Griffin Park will be bang on it. They will be right behind us and we will go forward on Saturday. We don’t have to say too much to the players because they are aware of what this game means.”

News from the Treatment Room

QPR

Out: Angel Rangel, Geoff Cameron

Doubtful:

Brentford

Out: Lewis Macleod, Emiliano Marcondes

Doubtful: Rico Henry, Luke Daniels, Kamohelo Mokotjo

https://www.qpr.co.uk/fixtures/first...-park-rangers/

Comment

Brentford vs QPR: Who are the top dogs in the west London derby as 16th take on 17th

Brentford and QPR clash at Griffin Park tomorrow, but who are the top dogs when it comes to the west London rivals?

The local bragging rights are at stake in west London this weekend, with fans of Brentford, QPR, Fulham and Chelsea all hoping to be the ones smiling on Monday morning.

There are two derby clashes taking place in the west of the capital, with Fulham hosting Chelsea at Craven Cottage on Sunday in the Premier League as Fulham face Chelsea and a battle between Brentford and QPR at Griffin Park taking place tomorrow (Saturday).

But while the gulf between Fulham and Chelsea is evident for all to see in the top flight, the difference between the two sides facing each other at Griffin Park is not so obvious, with Brentford just one point ahead of QPR in the Championship table ahead of the fixture.

So who are the top dogs in west London when it comes to the two sides in the second tier of English football?
                  Our writers Ryan O'Donovan and Phil Spencer explore below.

https://www.football.london/champion...o-top-15906129

Comment

Geoff Cameron pushing for return - expected QPR team to face Brentford

QPR news includes the side that the Hoops could field in the west London derby at Griffin Park.

Queens Park Rangers will be filled with confidence as they prepare to face Brentford in the west London derby.

The Hoops ended a winless run in the Championship that stretched all of the way back to Boxing Day when they defeated Leeds United at Loftus Road on Tuesday night - a result they'll be hoping to follow up with another win.

Steve McClaren welcomed back a couple of key players to the team for the 1-0 victory over Marcelo Bielsa's side, and with the clash with the Bees ending a frantic February schedule, he may choose to freshen the team up for this one.

But who is expected to start at Griffin Park?

Phil Spencer has his say.

"After ending the winless run against Leeds United I'd firmly expect Steve McClaren to stick with a winning formula.

"That means that Joe Lumley should start in goal, while the five-man defence will likely consist of Pawel Wszolek, Darnell Furlong, Grant Hall, Toni Leistner and Jake Bidwell.

"Luke Freeman was the key difference on Tuesday night, and I'd expect him to start in midfield once again.

"While Geoff Cameron is closing in on a return, I'd expect him to be named on the bench with Massimo Luongo and Jordan Cousins joining Freeman in the middle of the park.

"In attack, it's hard to look past Ebere Eze and Nahki Wells.

"The duo looked dangerous against Marcelo Bielsa's side, and and with Brentford liable to conceding goals, it could be the sort of game which will see them get some joy."

Expected QPR team to face Brentford (5-3-2): Joe Lumley, Pawel Wszolek, Darnell Furlong, Grant Hall, Toni Leistner, Jake Bidwell, Jordan Cousins, Massimo Luongo, Luke Freeman, Ebere Eze, Nahki Wells.

https://www.football.london/queens-p...-team-15909615

Comment

Brentford v QPR

Sky Bet Championship
                      Saturday, 2nd March 2019 - kick-off 3:00 pm - ALL TICKET

The QPR Box Office would like to advise supporters tickets for this fixture are now SOLD OUT.

Comment

Brentford not safe yet either,I expect a very tough game,a draw would be a good result for us

Comment

Originally posted by Rebel R's View Post
                          Brentford not safe yet either,I expect a very tough game,a draw would be a good result for us
                          Agree, but you just never know as this season has been full of surprises for us.
                          2 hours until kick off, I'm guessing the boozers down there are starting to fill up?
                          Minds Are Like Parachutes.
                          Work Best When Open...
                          @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

A point at Griffin Park will be like a win.
                            QPR
                            Best team in the world
                            Sort of

Comment

Given our record there, I'm looking forward to this game about as much as discovering dark blood on the Andrex after laying a cable. Still, If we can do Leeds, we can Do Brentford.

In addition i was stuck behind this geezer in a brentford Shirt at an ATM in leigh on sea last weekend, fu ck me i had enough time to read james Joyce's 'Ulysses' , while he worked out how to take a take a fkn tenner out. Spacker.
                              Changeable. Alterable. Mutable. Variable. Versatile. Moldable. Movable. Fluctuate. Undulate. Flicker. Flutter. Pulsate. Vibrate. Alternate. Plastic. Prog. House.

https://twitter.com/DiscoDroid

Comment

Working...
                              X