Match Thread | QPR 1 Fulham 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by West Acton View Post
    Bret angel, George Santos and McLean and that just three they olly liked playing up top then we have had koejoe ngonge and loans such as Mackida and maiga. Plenty worse then Sylla
    Not having four duds at once. That's my point. They're all awful. Smith and Washington the least worse. Maybe playing them with a winger can help.

Comment

• Originally posted by loftbalcony View Post
      Lynch should never have allowed cross for 2bd goal, thought he was unlucky to concede pen though
      Grenade pin f acked up for the penalty though. Let the fella in.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
        Not having four duds at once. That's my point. They're all awful. Smith and Washington the least worse. Maybe playing them with a winger can help.
        Sorry mate gotcha and fair point

Comment

• Originally posted by loftbalcony View Post
          Lynch should never have allowed cross for 2bd goal, thought he was unlucky to concede pen though
          Unlucky for pen really??? Got caught playing with himself on ball then after getting robbed dives in

Comment

Sorry mate gotcha and fair point

Comment

• some of the herberts we've had up front in years gone by , oh for another gallen, allen or austin

Comment

• Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
                I think Sylla is worse than Washington and Smith. Scores from two yards only. Creates and offers nothing that I can see. In forty years of watching Rangers I can't remember four worse forwards. Ever. And I've seen the likes of Peter Eastoe, Dean Neal, Paul McGee, Devon White, Dominic Iorfa, Bob Hazell Up Front, Billy Hamilton.....
                Yeah, I can't actually remember a time since I've been following Rangers when I've rated our attacking options so low. We've always had at least 1 forward that I rated as half decent for the league that we've been playing in.

I think Sylla is a very talented player, but rarely seems to do anything when played from the start. Maybe just one of those players that is better utilised off the bench.

Comment

• Mackie offered nothing, it was obvious after 20 minutes he was the one to come off
                  I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                  This morning's tempest I have to cross
                  I must be guided without a stumble
                  Into the arms I love the most

Comment

• Originally posted by lymehoop View Post
                    Mackie offered nothing, it was obvious after 20 minutes he was the one to come off
                    was lucky not to get sent off !!

Comment

• When I don't feel my whole weekend is ruined by tonight's result I know we are fair to middling. They gave their all, we don't have enough.

Comment

• Disappointed but can't fault the team, they clearly put in the work. My only gripe is Smith and Sylla don't move or take shots!

Comment

Not convinced by baptiste know a few posters are but surely there are younger players available who can do what he can
                          Can't agree with you there mate.

Baptiste, in my opinion, has been one of our best players over the past four games.
                          Feed The Massimo And He Will Score

Comment

• Originally posted by shaggy24 View Post
                            Ill put it in bullet points for simplicity imo

1. Bidwell or robinson on left side - agreed
                            2. Wzolek aint a wing back - true
                            3. Lynch is the biggest liability at the back forget furlong ned etc Lynch is shocking - no argument there.
                            4. no width for smith to get his head on crosses - nor for Sylla.
                            5. seriously need a Proven CF or were in deep mess - would be good to get one.
                            6. Ollie may not be the answer but he's got to sort out strikers best 2 options from the off - He isn't the answer and perhaps can't seem to make up his mind who to play in attack.
                            7. some fans expectations may want play offs etc reality is we leak goals and dont score enough.
                            - Given who is managing the team and lack of funds I would be happy to finish above 16th and play some decent football along the way.

Unfortunately this is looking very unlikely right now. It's 5 games without a win and unless QPR can manage an away win at either Sunderland or Bolton the run can easily stretch to 10 or more with some very tricky fixtures ahead that include away games at Forest and Derby, plus home games against Villa, Sheff Utd, Wolves and Brentford.

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
                            Maybe, but if you are going to have Smith and Sylla on the pitch at the same time, then maybe the presence of wingers may help. - This with bells on.

Bidwell is a complete waste of space going forward and Wsolek has not been the same player when playing as a wing back. -

Can't believe the excuses being made for him.

Start Washington and Smith for the next couple of games along with two out and out wingers and a back 4 with two full backs and two centre backs.
                            - Yes agreed about Wyszolek - play to his strengths.
                            I would start with Sylla and perhaps Wheeler or Washington, but agreed that 2 wingers need to be on the pitch supplying the crosses. Obviously this means a change in formation and breaking up the midfield trio. Scowen and Freeman for me unless Freeman moves over to the flanks. Can Wyszolek or Freeman play on the right?

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
                            Our best striker apparently.
                            - Sylla is the best of them, but needs crosses (high or low) into the box as this is where his goals have usually been scored.,

Originally posted by bakes8 View Post
                            Freeman would have to go left side. Absolute beaut of a left foot pinging in crosses for Smith.
                            This could work, as Freeman can cross the ball very well.

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                            This is spot on we're fitting players into side to suite formation instead of having system that suits what we have
                            - This is the Ollie way.

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                            Yeah, I can't actually remember a time since I've been following Rangers when I've rated our attacking options so low. We've always had at least 1 forward that I rated as half decent for the league that we've been playing in.

I think Sylla is a very talented player, but rarely seems to do anything when played from the start. Maybe just one of those players that is better utilised off the bench.
                            - Agreed about the lack of quality in the forwards and yes, Sylla does do better when coming off the bench, but in fairness to him, he has scored from crosses and these don't appear to be put into the box on a frequent basis

Comment

• Much better tonight after that rubbish last weekend. Only the liability that is Lynch who was at fault for both goals stood between elation rather than deflation. Very impressive on the break Fulham with the pace they have.

Comment

• So was Caulker dropped or injured yesterday anyone know

Comment

Working...
                                X