No announcement yet.

QPR v Leicester Match Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Credit to Leicester though. Thought they worked hard and took their chance. Coming to our place playing 2 up front as well. Fair play to them

Comment

Originally posted by DeepcutHoop View Post
      Small positive is that Benayoun looks sharp.
      Agreed.
      QPR
      Best team in the world
      Sort of

Comment

Lets be fair ANY other player did what JB did they would not have been sent off

Comment

in all fairness, we were quite good. very unlucky. and yes whoever said the Matty Phillips extra touch would cost us, was right. You'd think he'd be oozing confidence in front of goal at the moment.

Either way, I think we were really up for it today because it was Leicester and because it was on Sky. I just wish we were that exciting every weekend.

I'm still positive. come on your r's
          Rangers Til I Die
          follow me at twitter.com/arthurqpr

Comment

Originally posted by Kit View Post

Yer someone just said exactly that to me when it happened and i think you are right.

Comment

Nonsense.

The hand in the face was a yellow, and he was already given a #######ing for dissent in the first half, the ref had to Clint involved to shut him up.

If he's kicked the ball at an opponent, then it may look harsh on it's own, when he's already on the edge though it's a different story.

Will be interesting to see the replay though, to see exactly what he did.

Comment

Not sure we were that exciting. Not a single shot on goal second half at home.

Thoughts on the two pen appeals? Phillips dived I thought but thought for the Hoilett one a leg was stuck out.

Comment

Thought we would have been lucky to get a pen for either of them tbh

Comment

Not sure mate. He had a long pop at the ref earlier in the match. Had to take some bargaining from Clint to avoid any cards.
                    Joey just needs to pop some meds before the match.
                    Rangers Til I Die
                    follow me at twitter.com/arthurqpr

Comment

• Originally posted by ArthurQPR_NYC View Post
                      in all fairness, we were quite good. very unlucky. and yes whoever said the Matty Phillips extra touch would cost us, was right. You'd think he'd be oozing confidence in front of goal at the moment.

Either way, I think we were really up for it today because it was Leicester and because it was on Sky. I just wish we were that exciting every weekend.

I'm still positive. come on your r's
                      We were good in the first half, and but for poor finishing, and a sucker punch, we could have been 2 up.

Second half, Leicester played it perfectly. Don't think Barton's red made much difference in the end, as vblock said that felt like we could have played for another hour and not scored.

Comment

• Originally posted by vblockranger View Post
                        Thought we would have been lucky to get a pen for either of them tbh
                        Both would have been very, very soft, but Ive seen pens given for types of challenges.

Comment

• Still top on GD despite defeat (not joint top!!!!). Even if Burnley win, second.....no damage done really!

Comment

• What happened second half, I thought we'd be creating chances to win the game. I liked the look of Benayoun and hope to see more of him. I'm really gutted with getting no points.

Comment

• burnley 1-1 blackpool this could be interesting

Comment

• I thought Leicester were the best opponents I have seen so far and was impressed by their no nonsense approach - so far they'd be my preferred "other team to go up", either them or Schteve's Derby.
                                Basically agree with the way the team was set up today given the players available and despite not scoring the general play was far better than the last home game, the 442 with two strikers and two wingers was toothless and created one shot in an hour.
                                Goals is the thing obviously. Half way thru the season is time enough to make a judgement - neither winger is scoring enough or getting assists and even the number of decent crosses Austin has had to work with is very low. Which is a problem in a 433.
                                The other thing is that the team can never really go direct or mix it up because there is no target man/hold up striker. That might be intentional, force the players to find a way to make the passing game work, but I think not even having it as an option on the bench needs looking at.

Comment

Working...
                                X