JFT96

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JFT96

It has been mentioned a couple of times over the weekend that all premiership grounds were going to be doing some sort of tribute to the JFT96. I noticed that Reading did yesterday, and obviously Everton did tonight.

Now did I totally miss something or did we not do anything on Saturday? I did however have a few on Saturday so might have missed it all together!

Not sure we did - in fact I was expecting some pre game threads on here, but didn't see any and didn't really want to start one myself. Didn;t know reading did anything though......Everton were always going to as it impacted their fans friends and families and they are a good club (IMHO).
    twitter @silvercue

soundcloud

Comment

Reading played YNWA and had something on the screen i think, also Sunderland had a statement of support on the screen. I don't think we did, but if we had, it would've no doubt been overlooked for the farce of a handshake ritual nobody gives a to5s about.

Comment

Originally posted by Del View Post
        Reading played YNWA and had something on the screen i think, also Sunderland had a statement of support on the screen. I don't think we did, but if we had, it would've no doubt been overlooked for the farce of a handshake ritual nobody gives a to5s about.
        never a truer word mate!
        LONDON CALLING TO THE ZOMBIES OF DEATH.... ALSO KNOW AS BRENTFORD FANS

Comment

not all clubs did around the country. I think it's a tough one to call. i totally agree with the justice campaign and wish them all the best.

but we've also got to consider that blaming the police for the attrocity that happened then is entirely different to blaming todays police for the tactics used then. with friends in the force now speaking to me about it (one polices match days) they are getting a lot of negative press. had nothing to do with them. it's like blaming todays german army for the holocaust (massive generalisation i know)

however, as i stated, i certainly wish the families the conclusive end they seek and deserve.

Comment

Originally posted by QPR_NW10 View Post
            not all clubs did around the country. I think it's a tough one to call. i totally agree with the justice campaign and wish them all the best.

but we've also got to consider that blaming the police for the attrocity that happened then is entirely different to blaming todays police for the tactics used then. with friends in the force now speaking to me about it (one polices match days) they are getting a lot of negative press. had nothing to do with them. it's like blaming todays german army for the holocaust (massive generalisation i know)

however, as i stated, i certainly wish the families the conclusive end they seek and deserve.
            I'm not sure there is a general bad feeling towards police, rather than the fact that that particular police force was clearly run by corupt cops. Although you'd have to wonder if similar actions would've happened elsewhere, i personally only cast blame on that Yorkshire police force for their attempted cover up and BS.

Comment

i arrived late and am disappointed that we didnt do anything, this couldve happened to any side.

anyone that works for the police and thinks theyll be popular needs their head examining. you cant just expect to brush something under the rug on the basis that it might upset the feelings of the present day policeforce, the present day police are perfectly capable of making a bad name for themselves (ian tomlinson, phone hacking etc). Theyre also pretty good at brushing things under the carpet too, I know of people who published a list of Police, Prison & Court Personnel charged or convicted of an offence 2009 to 2012 which was removed from their site by an outside party.

Comment

Working...
              X