Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ben Harrington flag in the away end........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ben Harrington flag in the away end........

I despise that lot with a passion, but fair play to their fans who unveiled a flag for Ben Harrington in the first half. it read Ben Harrington RIP. We've all got mates who support that lot, but for them to do that in this game shows that somethings will always come above a game of football.

So to those fans who support that team, fair play to you.
    First game: Arsenal vs Queen's Park Rangers at Highbury, Saturday 17th November 1984.

Originally posted by HammersmithR View Post
    I despise that lot with a passion, but fair play to their fans who unveiled a flag for Ben Harrington in the first half. it read Ben Harrington RIP. We've all got mates who support that lot, but for them to do that in this game shows that somethings will always come above a game of football.

Yes I saw that as well mate and hats off to the Chelsea fans who made to effort do do

It was nice to meet Bens Mother and brothers before the game as a few of us raised a glass in his memory although it was of course a little sad also

Comment

Nice touch..

Comment

Yeah great touch and one that many wouldn't contemplate in such a highly charged atmosphere of a local derby.

At the end of the day we all love to hate other teams, but no doubt we all have mates that support most teams we hate.

Comment

Fair play to whoever did that. Life is much more important than football.
          We're Queens Park Rangers and we always do things the hard way!
          @Deadend_Friend

Comment

It was a really nice touch.

I was in the pub yesterday and raised a glass, and Isleworth is right it was very sad meeting his Mum and brother.

We are all gonna miss Ben a genuinely lovely guy.
            http://www.facebook.com/pages/1882QP...5398272?ref=ts

Comment

Only knew Ben for a short time ,you knew straight away he'd be a mate.decent decent man.
              Ooh northern lads love gravy

Comment

saw the flag and have to say "well done"....think we need to do "something" too, even a chant at next home game ...something cos ben was passionate about qprfc.

Comment

It's a shame that with all the cameras on phones no one decided to take a picture and post it?

Comment

ben.jpg

Nice touch and a lovely send off for Benny.

Comment

Cheers for the pic Jeff, why the stewards felt the need to intervene and ask them to take it down is beyond me.

Comment

Originally posted by NortholtRanger View Post
                        Cheers for the pic Jeff, why the stewards felt the need to intervene and ask them to take it down is beyond me.
                        Really is beyond belief isnt it and just shows how much the club care

Comment

Can't believe the stewards took that down. It's an embarassment.

Agree with you Isle- does show how much the club care.

Anyone else feel the club becomming more and more corporate each week? Just doing everything we can to suck up to the FA and not actually give a to55 about the fans?

Comment

I never knew Ben and until seeing that photo of the flag i had no idea he was so young. What a really sad situation.

Those Chelsea fans deserve massive credit and respect for what was and is a really class gesture. Especially in the aftermath of the Hilsborough revelations if ever there was a time to see beyond rivalry and that we are all one big football family and there really are far more important things happening in the world than what goes on in that 90 minutes, then this was it.

Given the timing, it also makes the actions of the stewards even more ridiculous than they already were.

Hsa anyone posted on a Chelsea board in appreciation of the gesture.

Comment

Hat's off to them... things like this mean a lot.

Comment

Working...
                              X