Clear All

RIP Mick

Comment

can anyone post a picture i must have known him but i just cant place him
      Click here to view my blog.

More...

Comment

Originally posted by qprted View Post
        can anyone post a picture i must have known him but i just cant place him
        ted , i've sent you the details on a PM on how to get a photo of mick

Comment

lol

ol no i remember he saved me one day,he always jumped in and saved a mate,so sad to lose yet another hoop

rest in peace big man
          Click here to view my blog.

More...

Comment

Originally posted by qprted View Post
            ol no i remember he saved me one day,he always jumped in and saved a mate,so sad to lose yet another hoop

rest in peace big man
            They teach you the green cross code at first school.

RIP Mick.

Comment

Originally posted by MYU View Post
              They teach you the green cross code at first school.

RIP Mick.
              Ted and school was never 2 words I thought I'd see in the same sentence. Rip, best wishes to the family
              I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Sad news, must've only been in his mid-50s?. I'd not seen him for decades but knocked about with him a bit via the fringes of Ladbroke Grove Skinheads I knew in 80s. I remember him leading a mini-charge of a dozen lads at full-time across the LR pitch into Newcastle fans in the school end once. Trouble is, the other 11 bottled out 5 yards short but poor old Mick ploughed on, that bleeding Crombie flapping behind him, into the mags on his own. Fair play to them, they gave him a few cuffs and chucked him back onto pitch where Mick dusted himself down laughing and strolled back to our end. Daft, happy time and typical Mick! RIP fellah.

Comment

Sad to read. RIP Mick.

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
                    Sad news, must've only been in his mid-50s?. I'd not seen him for decades but knocked about with him a bit via the fringes of Ladbroke Grove Skinheads I knew in 80s. I remember him leading a mini-charge of a dozen lads at full-time across the LR pitch into Newcastle fans in the school end once. Trouble is, the other 11 bottled out 5 yards short but poor old Mick ploughed on, that bleeding Crombie flapping behind him, into the mags on his own. Fair play to them, they gave him a few cuffs and chucked him back onto pitch where Mick dusted himself down laughing and strolled back to our end. Daft, happy time and typical Mick! RIP fellah.
                    Reminds me of I think of last game of the season around mid/late seventies against Leeds, maybe a few hundred went from the Loft at the final whistle, Leeds entered the fray enmass, result a hasty retreat.

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
                      that made me smile , i asked him a few years ago what ever happened to that old crombie , if i'm honest i can't remember what he answered. that old coat saw a few fights along the south africa road

Comment

I was a few years younger than all the LGS but you knew them all growing up. Mick always had time for a chat and a laugh for us-a lovely bloke and game as ####. I'd heard he had passed away a few months back-very sad and far too young. R.I.P BIG MICK
                        PRIDE OF LONDON.

Comment

Was he going still in 90s hi I might recognise him???

Comment

I hadn't seen him down the bush since the mid 80's Westie-he was in a bad place for a while during the 90's but overcame his problems. You couldn't have missed him....6ft 4 and black-a big intimidating looking chap.
                            PRIDE OF LONDON.

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                              Was he going still in 90s hi I might recognise him???
                              i've sent u a PM so u can see his photo

Comment

Working...
                              X