Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

rip mad frankie fraser..................

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by easthertsr View Post
    I hate 'liberal' used as a pejorative term, my background was working class, I lived through the miners strike, it was ####in horrible, Thatcher ground the noses of the working class in the sh1t. I'm a liberal though, and proud of it, I believe in things that give the least wealthy the power to fight back.My working class roots gave me that!
    I'm getting West Wing flashbacks

Comment

Have you ever pushed back against a system devised by those who gain most from it, even at a local level eastherts.

I mean if your liberal, you gotta be a greeny right ?, but what type, dreamer, donator, protestor, activist.

Comment

Originally posted by Manx Hoop View Post
        Have you ever pushed back against a system devised by those who gain most from it, even at a local level eastherts.

I mean if your liberal, you gotta be a greeny right ?, but what type, dreamer, donator, protestor, activist.
        What is wrong with any of those, to be honest? Once again, assumptions made, that are not correct. I don't have to defend myself against stuff that is not true. I'm a primary school teacher who has fought for the last 20 years against the way that Education in our country is going, so I don't need any lectures about 'pushing back' against the system thank you.

Comment

Well that escalated quickly.

Comment

Yeah thats the passive aggressive streak in liberals for ya.

Comment

Originally posted by DeepcutHoop View Post
              That's fair enough, but I resent the idea that not getting arrested at any point in my life, and never resorting to damaging other people or property maliciously is somehow a negative thing, or somehow abnormal, which is what was being suggested.
              not by me it wasn't. most kids that acted the b ollix growing up do actually GROW UP and get on in life in a decent honest manner- i found the comment at the time was looking down on people. only a debate. all about the rangers.
              PRIDE OF LONDON.

Comment

Had a great upbringing, taught from an early age manners, always did and still do. Please, thank you, respect people etc..... but still got into my fair bit of trouble, just a part of growing up/experimenting I suppose. Nothing to do with the way I was bought up (or dragged up to those who like to think otherwise).........
                SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Originally posted by bushcelt1 View Post
                  And thats fair enough-i reacted to a comment about being dragged up. Good hard working folks all their lives who had a tough outlook to parenting but that didnt stop me being a touch wild. Brought up in what was one of londons poorest wards that had derellict factorys,swimming pools and tenement houses that was a young lads dream for a bit of fun. Not like i went mugging old ladies or stabbing people. You call it feral-i call it being a normal kid in my envioriment where every one living there and surrounding areas were all the same. I look back on my childhood with a smile.
                  Great post!
                  Ooh northern lads love gravy

Comment

Originally posted by Manx Hoop View Post
                    Yeah thats the passive aggressive streak in liberals for ya.
                    Yeah whatever!

Comment

• I'm only ####in yer chain east, we are all Rs, i dont give a flying, about your politics, honestly.

edit y a n k

Comment

• Originally posted by easthertsr View Post
                        Yeah whatever!
                        you seem to only exchange views on certain subjects but are very quick to dismiss anyone who has a different take on it. yeah-whatever.....wtf.
                        lwf seem to have the same view but ...hay ho-we could all be wrong eh............yeah-whatever.
                        PRIDE OF LONDON.

Comment

• Originally posted by Factamondo View Post
                          ive managed to build a business from scratch through doing as well as i could in school yet still being a part of the local scallywag fraternity...im proud of my council estate roots coming from a comfy spotless home with a still married after 60 years mum n dad ...even though the old fella fractured the law on occasions he ground into me and my sisters the values of hard graft and decency as a yardstick in life......my oldest sister rose to be branch manager at barclays and younger one runs her own estate agents in dorset.......3 council estate kids made good!
                          Great thread, Facto. Therein lies a lesson. I was the second member of my family- ever- to go to university. And that was only because I was brought up by great parents who had never been to university.

Comment

• Originally posted by bushcelt1 View Post
                            you seem to only exchange views on certain subjects but are very quick to dismiss anyone who has a different take on it. yeah-whatever.....wtf.
                            lwf seem to have the same view but ...hay ho-we could all be wrong eh............yeah-whatever.
                            Seeing as Manx has said he was just trying to get a rise, easts was right to be dismissive IMO

Comment

• Just read what I posted last night, sorry if I went off on one, apologies but I was under the influence of Stella Artois -lots of it, celebrating the R's win!

Comment

• Typical liberal, cant handle a shandie.

Comment

Working...
                                X