No announcement yet.

Sad news Russell Moore RIP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Today in Saint Andrews Church in the village of Cobham Surrey, we said goodbye to our 'Brother in Hoops' Russell Moore. Russell was sadly admitted into hospital at the start of November, due to a pneumonia rated illness from which he never recovered.
    Russell was 52 years young, a massive part of his life was his love for QPR, he proudly followed The R's home and away for the best part of four decades.
    I've been to many funerals over the past 20 years, each one is a sad occasion in it's own right, but I have to say..... I've never ever seen a coffin made up of Blue and White Hoops, with the club crest on all four sides.... Russell's coffin was just that.!

Adorned in QPR scarfs, a QPR shirt and a QPR teddy bear, Russell was brought into church at exactly 1.45pm to the sound of 'Pig-Bag' bellowing out of the church speakers. There followed a very dignified service which was attended by over 200 people, that itself was a reflection of the love people had for Russell. His other love was for Cobham Town FC, of which he was a groundsman, a job he did for free.
    Many QPR supporters swelled the number in church, to pay respects to one of our own, a big man, a gentle giant who we will all dearly miss at Loftus Road.

Russell held his last job for 36 years, sadly he was made redundant about two years ago. He struggled to find permanent employment elsewhere, so he gave his spare time to helping the 'Royal British Legion' in Cobham. Even though Russell's financial position was untenable, he still came to Loftus Road every week.!
    No one knew that Russell couldn't afford a match day ticket, he would sit on the wall in South Africa Road near the chap who sells QPR badges, just to savior the pre-match atmosphere and to talk to Rangers fans as they went into the ground. Then after the match was over, you'd see Russell walking around, just like many of us do, enjoying the post match chat as many of us do...!

Russell was too proud too ask for help, but would travel up the A3, over 20 miles, to be at every QPR home game, as he was indeed proud to be part of the Rangers family, a truly remarkable man, and a man we won't forget. The QPR LSA along with the Inde R's, raised over £700 last Saturday at the QPR v Blackburn game which was given to Russell's Father today.... It's a crying shame we didn't know of Russel's financial circumstances, so that we at The LSA could have got him a season ticket too see his beloved QPR, instead of sitting on the wall each week outside the South Africa Road Stand.

God bless you Russell, our 'Brother in Hoops'..! RIP.... Amen. from Joe Hylton,

Comment

well

well

SIMPLISTICALLY BEAUTIFULL YOU WONDERD ON YOUR OWN
      YOU MADE LOFTUS ROAD THAT SPECIAL PLACE AND CALLED IT YOUR HOME
      WELL NEVER FORGET YOUR GENTLE FACE
      AND THAT WALL WILL ALWAYS BE YOUR PLACE
      BUT SWEET RUSS YOUR A MAN WE CANT REPLACE
      NOW YOUR SPIRIT DRIFTS AROUND IN SPACE

love you big man,from the origional loft members
      Click here to view my blog.

More...

Comment

Originally posted by Harps 55 View Post
        Today in Saint Andrews Church in the village of Cobham Surrey, we said goodbye to our 'Brother in Hoops' Russell Moore. Russell was sadly admitted into hospital at the start of November, due to a pneumonia rated illness from which he never recovered.
        Russell was 52 years young, a massive part of his life was his love for QPR, he proudly followed The R's home and away for the best part of four decades.
        I've been to many funerals over the past 20 years, each one is a sad occasion in it's own right, but I have to say..... I've never ever seen a coffin made up of Blue and White Hoops, with the club crest on all four sides.... Russell's coffin was just that.!

Adorned in QPR scarfs, a QPR shirt and a QPR teddy bear, Russell was brought into church at exactly 1.45pm to the sound of 'Pig-Bag' bellowing out of the church speakers. There followed a very dignified service which was attended by over 200 people, that itself was a reflection of the love people had for Russell. His other love was for Cobham Town FC, of which he was a groundsman, a job he did for free.
        Many QPR supporters swelled the number in church, to pay respects to one of our own, a big man, a gentle giant who we will all dearly miss at Loftus Road.

Russell held his last job for 36 years, sadly he was made redundant about two years ago. He struggled to find permanent employment elsewhere, so he gave his spare time to helping the 'Royal British Legion' in Cobham. Even though Russell's financial position was untenable, he still came to Loftus Road every week.!
        No one knew that Russell couldn't afford a match day ticket, he would sit on the wall in South Africa Road near the chap who sells QPR badges, just to savior the pre-match atmosphere and to talk to Rangers fans as they went into the ground. Then after the match was over, you'd see Russell walking around, just like many of us do, enjoying the post match chat as many of us do...!

Russell was too proud too ask for help, but would travel up the A3, over 20 miles, to be at every QPR home game, as he was indeed proud to be part of the Rangers family, a truly remarkable man, and a man we won't forget. The QPR LSA along with the Inde R's, raised over £700 last Saturday at the QPR v Blackburn game which was given to Russell's Father today.... It's a crying shame we didn't know of Russel's financial circumstances, so that we at The LSA could have got him a season ticket too see his beloved QPR, instead of sitting on the wall each week outside the South Africa Road Stand.

so sad, that's what my brother remembers of Russell, always sitting on the wall, just wish I knew, certainly would have been a privilege to get him a ticket, God Bless Russell
        I must away now, I can no longer tarry
        This morning's tempest I have to cross
        I must be guided without a stumble
        Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Incredibly sad story. RIP Russell

Comment

Certainly a face many of us new as has been mentioned to give a knowing nod or "alright" . RIP Russel!! Makes you think with all the nonsense that goes on we as QPR loyal fans are a family. Will be missed by many including myself!!

Comment

breaks my heart to think how those over paid c unts like boswinga/mbia/grannero took us down without a care in the world yet this poor fella ,who loved the club so much, couldnt afford a match ticket yet still showed up..........r.i.p
              you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Harps 55 View Post

Well done to all involved in the fundraising. Great gesture and really nice to read about the service.

Comment

so many gave generously....from indy r;s, lsa and others
                  many stuck £20 notes in....shows to me just how important the fans are to us, at least.

Comment

What a sad story. Puts a lot into perspective. RIP.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brian Wilson View Post
                      Well done to all involved in the fundraising. Great gesture and really nice to read about the service.
                      Totally agree and absolutely perfect eulogy!!! Certainly does bring a lump to the throat when as Facto states The QPR family means miles more than K60 a week..

Comment

• Really sad that he could not afford to buy a ticket but still was prepared to travel to every home game. What a fantastic man and supporter. RIP Russell Moore.

Comment

• That was a great and very touching write up Joe and I feel a little ashamed that I never realised that for the last couple of years he never had the chance to actually enter the ground and sat outside as on a few occasions I had a spare ticket

Comment

• Hope something positive comes out of this sad story
                            I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                            This morning's tempest I have to cross
                            I must be guided without a stumble
                            Into the arms I love the most

Comment

• Wreath for Russell Moore

going to put a wreath up to day by the wall on batman close for Russell from Vic
                              Last edited by Harps 55; 21-12-2013, 09:39 AM.

Comment

• Nice touch victor

Comment

Working...
                                X