Half time shambles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Half time shambles

Today the club had one of the finest forces band in the Grenadier Guards.

At half-time the band marched onto the pitch and started playing,just as some plank of a DJ started a film about the serving soldiers accompanied by a song showing on the big screen.

Not to be out done the band played on,they then had a minutes rest then duly struck up again,just as our idiotic MC on the pitch drowned them out with some crap awards from Npower.

By now the band should have said **** this and marched off,however our lads are made of sterner stuff and struck up a new tune, again the plank of an MC on the pitch drowned them out by reading crappy happy birthdays from the scoreboard.

It was now the finale from the band as they began to march off,cue our ****ing idiot of a DJ playing Take Thats The Flood, we now had the band marching off to their own music and Take That.

What a disgraceful way to treat the forces band,and it made the club look ****ing stupid.

Yea it was a shambles heard a few people mention the same thing. If it makes you feel slightly better it was the mc's final game at QPR.

Comment

Good riddance,the guy spouts crap at every game,do we actually need some plank on the pitch just to read out team news,and happy birthdays etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Romford Hoop View Post
        Good riddance,the guy spouts crap at every game,do we actually need some plank on the pitch just to read out team news,and happy birthdays etc.
        Part & parcel of the 'match day experience' I think they call it Romford

Comment

[QUOTE=Ric-Roc;491848]Part & parcel of the 'match day experience' I think they call it Romford[/QUOTE]

And why would they call it that?
          Queens Park Rangers
          NPower Champions 2010/2011

PREMIER LEAGUE 2011 - ETERNITY (Oh well got that wrong, we'll be back though)

Comment

[QUOTE=80sCasual;491854]
            Originally posted by Ric-Roc View Post
            Part & parcel of the 'match day experience' I think they call it Romford[/QUOTE]

And why would they call it that?
            Bit sharp at this early hour 80's!

Comment

[QUOTE=Ric-Roc;491855]
              Originally posted by 80sCasual View Post

Bit sharp at this early hour 80's!
              No Rangers today, up early and bored.
              Queens Park Rangers

Comment

Yes the treatment of the Grenadier Guards was a shambles, why do we mess everything up when the cameras are rolling. Idiots!

Comment

Originally posted by pughmonster View Post
                  Yes the treatment of the Grenadier Guards was a shambles, why do we mess everything up when the cameras are rolling. Idiots!
                  Totally agree it's as if we wait for these moments, playing wise too.

By the way i notice that was your first post, welcome to the board.
                  Queens Park Rangers

Comment

I felt really embarrassed about that -- what was the point of having a band and then drowning them out? And then the PA said about enjoying the half-time music from the band -- well I couldn't hear them over him and the records which were being played.
                    Club should sent a written apology to the Grenadier Guards imho.
                    Faurlin is my hero!!! Love him!!! #########

Comment

Originally posted by swanleyhoop View Post
                      I felt really embarrassed about that -- what was the point of having a band and then drowning them out? And then the PA said about enjoying the half-time music from the band -- well I couldn't hear them over him and the records which were being played.
                      Club should sent a written apology to the Grenadier Guards imho.
                      Totally agree and maybe even apologise in the next programme.
                      Queens Park Rangers

Comment

Invite them back and do it PROPERLY.

Comment

Would you bother if you were them.
                          Queens Park Rangers

Comment

Originally posted by 80sCasual View Post
                            Would you bother if you were them.
                            Nope.

Comment

Working...
                            X