On way home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On way home

Thought we more than matched Arsenal in the first half, however a really poor 20 minute spell in the second half cost us dear. Thought Ramsays substitution were very poor, Kranjcar is finished and arguably cost up both goals, Zamora should have gone as he is now totally shagged, unfortunate to lose Nedum as he was having a superb game, would have preferred Ferdinand to Hill, was he injured ?.
    Was disappointed with their second as Green was beaten at his near post.

Hoillet was his usual self producing very little, surely Vargas is a better bet, shame Fer is injured as he offers another goal threat.

MOTM for me was Austin who scored a cracking goal and never gave up.

Reality is Romford, if you take Fer and Austin out of the starting 11, we're in fact a mid table championship side.

Sad to say but also so true.

Also we play a very naive game of football. I know stats aren't everything mate but go home and check them, it tells it's own story!
    I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

holy cow, weare is supporting stats, I don't know what to say at this point.
      To be honest, I thought we outplayed them for most of the match other than that 20 minute spell. Won't blame Ramsey for the subs because a cm was needed. No way I would have kept Sandro and risked injuring him.
      "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by Romford Hoop View Post
        Thought we more than matched Arsenal in the first half, however a really poor 20 minute spell in the second half cost us dear. Thought Ramsays substitution were very poor, Kranjcar is finished and arguably cost up both goals, Zamora should have gone as he is now totally shagged, unfortunate to lose Nedum as he was having a superb game, would have preferred Ferdinand to Hill, was he injured ?.
        Was disappointed with their second as Green was beaten at his near post.

Hoillet was his usual self producing very little, surely Vargas is a better bet, shame Fer is injured as he offers another goal threat.

MOTM for me was Austin who scored a cracking goal and never gave up.
        Fair assessment. Poor start to second half, crowd went quiet (understandable, can't be cheering crap play). Great to get goal and attack after that though not direct enough.

Don't agree with "naive" first half WeAre, in fact I thought it was very astute...everyone know arsenal defence is shaky and we pressed high. They were hanging on at times in last ten too so thought we should have done more.

Darnell was always going to have a tough night against Alexis. Got found out a few times but good for me was he looked to stay on feet and show the wing to the attacker. He ll have games like that. Fair account of his ability. Looking forward to watching more of him.

Comment

Originally posted by QPR_NW10 View Post
          Fair assessment. Poor start to second half, crowd went quiet (understandable, can't be cheering crap play). Great to get goal and attack after that though not direct enough.

Don't agree with "naive" first half WeAre, in fact I thought it was very astute...everyone know arsenal defence is shaky and we pressed high. They were hanging on at times in last ten too so thought we should have done more.

Darnell was always going to have a tough night against Alexis. Got found out a few times but good for me was he looked to stay on feet and show the wing to the attacker. He ll have games like that. Fair account of his ability. Looking forward to watching more of him.
          I feel bad for Darnell coz i'll be honest, he was like a hooker tonight in that he was letting everyone inside. Think it was the wrong sort of match to blood him in. But he will get better no doubt.
          "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

I mean't 2nd half. I don't know what it is but we always play sh it in the last half hour. Must be fitness or concentration which I think we're poor in both departments
            I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Working...
            X