Just back from game- at work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just back from game- at work

Fairly positive about what i saw today, felt we were very unlucky to lose and on a different day could have scored 3 or 4,

3-5-2 is a very positive tactic but boy do you need players that understand it,unfortunately one or two of ours are defineatly not suited to it.

Plenty of good things especially in the first half.

Positives for me were Traore who is perfect for this system, Caulker and Rio look very solid, Mutch when fitter will be a great signing, Remy look class at times but not 100% fit.

Negatives for me were Simpson, decent defender but is hopeless in a 3-5 2, Dunne is finished at this level and Ned should always start ahead of him.

Barton shocking set pieces,wasted at least 10 free kicks and corners,not sure he will not be replaced,sentiment apart for me Faurlin is just not good enough.

Finally Charlie Austin, just did not look right today and was constantly shaking his head in frustation,still looked a yard of pace but never gave up, however Remy should have taken penalty as Charlies body language was all wrong,his run up for the penalty was all wrong and at an angle,when you do that you can only put the ball one way,which their keeper easily guessed.

Slight smash and grab today although second half Hull did looked fitter than us.

cheers Romford, I certainly feel more upbeat than our previous visit to the Premiership
    I must away now, I can no longer tarry
    This morning's tempest I have to cross
    I must be guided without a stumble
    Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Romford it's as f you read my mind... Agree with everything you said

Comment

Originally posted by Romford Hoop View Post
        Fairly positive about what i saw today, felt we were very unlucky to lose and on a different day could have scored 3 or 4,

3-5-2 is a very positive tactic but boy do you need players that understand it,unfortunately one or two of ours are defineatly not suited to it.

Plenty of good things especially in the first half.

Positives for me were Traore who is perfect for this system, Caulker and Rio look very solid, Mutch when fitter will be a great signing, Remy look class at times but not 100% fit.

Negatives for me were Simpson, decent defender but is hopeless in a 3-5 2, Dunne is finished at this level and Ned should always start ahead of him.

Barton shocking set pieces,wasted at least 10 free kicks and corners,not sure he will not be replaced,sentiment apart for me Faurlin is just not good enough.

Finally Charlie Austin, just did not look right today and was constantly shaking his head in frustation,still looked a yard of pace but never gave up, however Remy should have taken penalty as Charlies body language was all wrong,his run up for the penalty was all wrong and at an angle,when you do that you can only put the ball one way,which their keeper easily guessed.

Slight smash and grab today although second half Hull did looked fitter than us.
        Agree with nearly all, I don't agree Faurlin isn't good enough. Think he played quite well, still a little match un-fit but so were most of the team. Give him some games and he'll be ok
        I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Originally posted by Hertford Hoop View Post
          Agree with nearly all, I don't agree Faurlin isn't good enough. Think he played quite well, still a little match un-fit but so were most of the team. Give him some games and he'll be ok
          Agree too with main post -Isla will take over from Simpson - Faurlin is the key but he may not get chance to prove it if certain linked players do come in.
          No one pulls my strings 😉

Comment

Really good post. Agree with everything bar the Faurlin point.

Remy just looked slightly off the pace but in a couple of weeks time when he gets that match sharpness back, hopefully he will be banging them in for us rather than someone else.

Comment

Working...
            X