On my way home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On my way home

Cracking end to end game, first half I thought we were excellent, the team was well balanced and we played some decent football,we faded a bit second half or did Burnley improve ?.
    Overall well pleased with what I saw although our defending today was a bit off.

Decent ref today, no soft bookings and gave both teams a bit of slack.

Yea ref wasn't that bad but didn't give anything when hoilet was pulled in the box. Haven't seen a replay but looked like a penalty from where I was sitting.

Two defensive mistakes cost us the two points. BAE seemed to relaxed to wait for the ball to go off instead of kicking it out. What I was most annoyed about was their second goal. Hoilet didn't track back to close him down and Onouha was just standing back instead of going to him. In the end it was too easy for him to put a good cross in.

Comment

First half we played like champions second half we git nervous and could easily have losy it. Need to keep up high tempo for entire game. When we go a goal up we sit back and relax. Killer instinct to kill off a game is all that seperates us and leicester. You r's

Comment

Originally posted by gravesendhoop View Post
        First half we played like champions second half we git nervous and could easily have losy it. Need to keep up high tempo for entire game. When we go a goal up we sit back and relax. Killer instinct to kill off a game is all that seperates us and leicester. You r's
        Spot on!! iF players get tired, what do you have substitutes for??
        QPR
        Best team in the world
        Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by gravesendhoop View Post
          Yes that is spot on.

Comment

Originally posted by Romford Hoop View Post
            Cracking end to end game, first half I thought we were excellent, the team was well balanced and we played some decent football,we faded a bit second half or did Burnley improve ?.
            Overall well pleased with what I saw although our defending today was a bit off.

Decent ref today, no soft bookings and gave both teams a bit of slack.
            Fair summary - tbh I think that Burnley were as threatening as any opponent this season so they are going to have periods where they get on top. But with the new boys up front and the players in unfamiliar positions and no Charlie I thought it was a good performance and nice to have some blood pumping play too

Comment

I'm on my way home too
              Ooh northern lads love gravy

Comment

Did anyone have a good view of the possible handball in their box when we were still chasing the match in the 2nd half?
                @gatorTFC

Comment

Originally posted by gator View Post
                  Did anyone have a good view of the possible handball in their box when we were still chasing the match in the 2nd half?
                  I sit in the upper loft, didn't see any real justification for any pens for handball or the Hoillet tumble.

Comment

I was in P block and if toilett hadn't dived 10 seconds before being pulled down. he would have had a penalty

Comment

I think yesterday showed what effect the crowd has our teams performance. It always sounds a cliche but I firmly believe it changes the performance on the pitch. One of the first things Barton said when he came off the pitch was that the crowd was immense today and he later went on to repeat that in his tweet. Shows what a difference we can make.

Comment

Originally posted by gator View Post
                        I did. Was sitting in the upper loft that side. Ball bounced up and hit his arm, would of been harsh but should he of had his arm in that place for the ball to hit ??? Seen them given and the ref clearly see it given his reaction.

Hoilett part one wasn't but part two he had a good case. Never made a meal of either IMO and the first was more of a case of him slipping coupled with slight contact.

Comment

Agree with your take Dazzer apart from on his stumble he did throw himself to the ground which probably influenced athe ref who I thought handled Barton excellently .When many would have and certainly have taken his scalp he talked to him and Barton responded. In my view the crowd rightly or wrongly need something to make them verbally get behind the team.I think yesterday's formation upped the players tempo which upped the crowds.One up front at home acts as a silencer generally.
                          No one pulls my strings 😉

Comment

Working...
                          X