On my way home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On my way home

Good hard fought win against a decent Derby side.
    What I liked about today was the players never gave up even though a few we're having an off day.
    Barton was MOTM match by a mile, pushed, kicked and hacked to the floor his temper held, and he controlled the game.
    Matt Phillips looked great one minute like the cross for the goal, and a superb shoot which nearly broke the bar in two, at other times could not pass 2 yards, however feel with a few more games he will get better and better.
    Sad to see Faulin carried off, hopefully just a twisted knee and nothing worse, noticed he does slip quite a lot which partly led to his injury.

Special mention to the ref who was consistently useless for the whole game, he actually booked a Derby player for being clattered from behind and having the nerve to fall over, also missed what looked a certain foul on our defender for their goal, the Derby player appeared to use our player as a ladder.

Nice one Romford, were we good value for the win compared to some of the very tight and fortunate ones we had earlier?

Comment

I thought we deserved the win, Derby are a decent team but Green was rarely troubled, probably the best match this year at HQ, end to end second half and I would say we edged the better chances.

Comment

Great game. Thought that our best performance of the season. Derby started slowly, but proved to be a good footballing team. Their No10 looked very decent. We were far more proactive and attacking and could easily have scored four. I thought Austin had a poor game, so our troubles up front are far from over. Jenas, in spite of his eagerness to pass when a shot was on, looked good in a forward position. Joey was outstanding. Feel happier about our prospects than I have all season. Next week a big test.

Comment

what was the atmosphere like??
          PRIDE OF LONDON.

Comment

Originally posted by bushcelt1 View Post
            what was the atmosphere like??
            Restrained. Got loud for a while in second half. Faurlin got cheered off the pitch. I got the sense leaving the folk were happy with the performance as well as the points, which hasn't been the case many other games.

Comment

I think we more than shaded it - first half we were totally in charge and Deby's only chance was the set piece goal which should never have been allowed. Second half was surprisingly open but we were good value for the 3 points in a decent game.
              #standuptocancer
              #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
                Restrained. Got loud for a while in second half. Faurlin got cheered off the pitch. I got the sense leaving the folk were happy with the performance as well as the points, which hasn't been the case many other games.
                people a bit nervous i suppose after the last few games.
                PRIDE OF LONDON.

Comment

Working...
                X