Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greeno no doubt. Kept us in and ready for that one magic moment

Comment

Dunne was superb but Greenock stole the show for me and also got my vote for POTY as he has kept a record clean sheets and also kept us in many games including the semi

Comment

Joint MOM for me, Robert Green/Bobby Zamora.
        Rob was never going to let anything get past him, the form he was on. And Bobby scored the goal that ensured we had a very special day to remember all our lives.

Comment

I was surprised when it went to Dunne and I said Green at the time because he kept us in it with some crucial saves.
          Having watched the game over and over again since, I can understand why Dunne got the shout because he was immense - just kept getting his head to everything, positioned himself perfectly for the free kick straight after the red card and didn't put a foot wrong - I knew he'd had a good game but didn't realise just how epic he was. And to think, people were saying he should have been sent to the knackers yard and was the biggest weak link in the whole squad. Some even suggested that if Harry didn't drop him for the final, we were assured to get smashed.
          Still, Dunne got the official vote so I'm sticking with Green who (apart from a poor throw out second half) was immaculate in terms of positioning, handling, shot stopping and decision making. I'd even go as far as to say he would have saved any shot that ensued if GON hadn't committed the foul.
          Last edited by Bluehoop; 27-05-2014, 04:52 PM.
          #standuptocancer
          #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Originally posted by Hertford Hoop View Post
            Rob Green all day for me (apart from some of his distribution) it was flawless
            Agree - definately Green for me. Also his distribution - I don't blame him so much for that...it wound me up him lumping it, but the amount of time our outfield players passed it back for him to deal with because they couldn't really got on my nerves!
            twitter @silvercue

soundcloud

Comment

The whole team were superb all day but Green was the standout for me. Kept us in it on more than one occasion.

Comment

Working...
              X