Derry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Derry

Seriously what has happened to Shaun Derry? Better than M'Bia IMO and he has just vanished from the squad with no mention??

I'd play Mbia every day.... does what Derry does, but also has pace and energy and more presence.

Comment

Originally posted by Del View Post
      I'd play Mbia every day.... does what Derry does, but also has pace and energy and more presence.

Comment

M'Bia is a far better option than Derry.

God knows what's happened to him. Maybe on a yaught somewhere with Tarbs and Diakite?

Comment

I saw him after the Southampton game. He was walking back to his car outside the ground

Comment

I would understand if he had been dropped to the bench but he was a regular starter a few games ago. Very strange.

Comment

Originally posted by DouDou_87 View Post
              M'Bia is a far better option than Derry.God knows what's happened to him. Maybe on a yaught somewhere with Tarbs and Diakite?
              This.

Sentiment aside, Mbia is far superior to Derry, as much as I love the bloke.
              You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by QPRLewis View Post
                I would understand if he had been dropped to the bench but he was a regular starter a few games ago. Very strange.
                Since then Jenas has been brought in and settled into the squad and jumped him in the pecking order. In fairness I don't think Derry has done too much wrong, does a job when required, but I'd rather not see him in starting line ups in PL games tbh. I highly doubt he would have imagined he would feature as much as he already has done anyway this season, and he isn't the sort to throw a strop I'm sure he is still going about his business in a professional way and will continue to do so & be ready should he be called upon.

Comment

This comes down to lack of general football knowledge - it's absolutely mental to state that you would prefer Derry rather than M'bia after the last two performances.. Especially after the Sunderland one. M'bia has finally started to perform the way we wanted when we signed him.

Comment

Perhaps something happened with him in Dubai? Did he conduct himself in the correct manner for the whole trip?

Just seems to have vanished since Dubai.
                    First game: Arsenal vs Queen's Park Rangers at Highbury, Saturday 17th November 1984.

Comment

Originally posted by W12hoops View Post
                      This comes down to lack of general football knowledge - it's absolutely mental to state that you would prefer Derry rather than M'bia after the last two performances.. Especially after the Sunderland one. M'bia has finally started to perform the way we wanted when we signed him.
                      Tbh M'bia has been useless. No other word to describe him.
                      However against sunderland, he put in a performance I haven't seen from him in a hoops shirt and I am willing to see how he does against Villa.

He is limited with regards to ability but he seems to have stopped that pathetic diving and I still think he isn't the answer for next season but we did to back him in our remaining games and just HOPE PRAY he shows some consistency which he is crying out for in his game.
                      I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                        Tbh M'bia has been useless. No other word to describe him.
                        However against sunderland, he put in a performance I haven't seen from him in a hoops shirt and I am willing to see how he does against Villa.

He is limited with regards to ability but he seems to have stopped that pathetic diving and I still think he isn't the answer for next season but we did to back him in our remaining games and just HOPE PRAY he shows some consistency which he is crying out for in his game.

This.

Comment

Everyone is acting like we bought Mbia to be a flair player...he is just there to break up play, which he does and the stats show that...whilst his diving his pathetic, to say he has been useless is a strong statement. He is a similar player to that of De Jong or Mascherano where they arent expected to pass and take players on...merely break up the play

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                            Tbh M'bia has been useless. No other word to describe him. However against sunderland, he put in a performance I haven't seen from him in a hoops shirt and I am willing to see how he does against Villa.

That's your opinion, not a fact. I, personally, disagree and I'm sure others do.

Yes his passing can be wayward, but he brings an energy to midfield we had been lacking for a while and he breaks up play well and trys to keep possesion, he will always try and bring the ball down on his chest and play football rather than aimless give the ball back to the oppo like half our midfield seem to do.

Totally agree about the diving though, I find it cringey & embarassing. As a footballer, though, nowhere near as bad as you have made out there.

Comment

Originally posted by darrylgarvey View Post
                              Everyone is acting like we bought Mbia to be a flair player...he is just there to break up play, which he does and the stats show that...whilst his diving his pathetic, to say he has been useless is a strong statement. He is a similar player to that of De Jong or Mascherano where they arent expected to pass and take players on...merely break up the play
                              To play a simple ball to a team mate is required at this level. Again like I have already said his performance against sunderland was the best I have seen from him. If you are happy with sloppy play then so be it but I am only judging on what I see from him.
                              I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Working...
                              X