villa pubs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• villa pubs

Never been to villa before. Anyone know what pubs to drink in?

I think a few Rs will be heading to The Trocadero - it's about 4 miles from the ground though so a quick cab journey will be required. Unless you're Mo Farah / off ya head on speed :pleasantsuprise:
    You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Trains only £1.90 from New St to ground if cabs a bit pricey. Takes 10 mins

Comment

Originally posted by TW7R View Post
        Trains only £1.90 from New St to ground if cabs a bit pricey. Takes 10 mins
        where's the train run from is that New St to Aston?

Comment

Originally posted by dave58 View Post
          where's the train run from is that New St to Aston?
          New St to Witton. Just round the corner from the ground.

Comment

Cheers I'm on 10.13 from Euston

Comment

same as dave

Comment

in the cup match few season back we 'frequented' a few pubs that night!
                you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

3 of us on the 10:03 so will see you in there Dave.

Train from New St onwards leaves 2:15 so plenty of time for a few whilst the early games on.

Comment

The Witton Arms just outside the station caters for away fans (they give one half to away the other to Villa). Costs £2 to get in, not the most beautiful pub in the world but close to the ground.

last season it was around £2.75 per pint at 6pm but as you got closer to kick off the prices went up!! Nearly £4 by 7.15pm!!
                    22nd February away v Charlton is the 40th Anniversary of my support of QPR and my first game. Away v Chelsea 3-3 23rd Feb 1974. 40 years of pure magic!!

Comment

Whole area near the ground is a dump. Have done the train there the last few times. Better off drinking in Birmingham and then getting the train into Witton. Aston is a fair old walk.
                      First game: Arsenal vs Queen's Park Rangers at Highbury, Saturday 17th November 1984.

Comment

Witton arms is ok.

Comment

Originally posted by Sotonsuperhoop View Post
                          The Witton Arms just outside the station caters for away fans (they give one half to away the other to Villa). Costs £2 to get in, not the most beautiful pub in the world but close to the ground.

last season it was around £2.75 per pint at 6pm but as you got closer to kick off the prices went up!! Nearly £4 by 7.15pm!!
                          Originally posted by mork View Post
                          Witton arms is ok.
                          Sounds like the one then .......

Be coming into New St about half 12, and as I've never done Villa by train I'd rather beat the 'crowd' and make sure I'm close to the ground AND able to carry on the drinking, me thinks
                          "Steve, do you think 25k is a good option when there are indications that within four years, new stadiums on average have increased attendances of 60%?
                          For us that would mean around 29k."

QPR Richard 16-12-2013 10.08pm

Comment

Firstly its in a right dodgy area. Do NOT even attempt to go in a working mans pub or one local to the ground unless you want some Brummie grief. Ground is first class however, holte end is more impressive on the outside

Comment

Prob going to pop into trocadero but then onto Witton Arms. Lets fill it up with singing rangers fans.

Comment

Working...
                              X