Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Great result and fight from the players.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
    I've slated m'bia but for me yesterday was his best game in a rangers shirt. Gave allot more than just pointless workrate so credit where it's due. His passing was decent and he played with purpose. He needs to keep that level up and I also thought Park was tidy on the ball. He showed composure when we most needed it.

For me the most refreshing thing that gives us hope are the wingers. We must play townsend and Holliet is every remaining game because they make things happen. Running at players and both very direct, something we have been crying out for.

The only disappoint for me was Zamora, who I thought looked a yard slow. Didn't offer anything but 1 knock down. I am not sure if we will stick with 2 upfront against Villa but I am not sure Zamora is the answer, very poor game from him.

Villa game is huge but at least the players are now responding and that gives us all hope.

The only thing that annoys me and isn't a negative but needs to be looked at is our set pieces. Watching Man u and chelsea today you always find the set piece takers always swinging in the ball with pace and bend. We just tend to always do the same thing regardless of who takes it. It's always floated into the box which is a defenders dream. Lets whip the ball in with pace, you never know because anything can happen, it could bounce of their player and set us up.

Anyway we need to stick together, the fans were excellent and we need to keep up the good support.
    Agree what you saying about set pieces and would have Townsend taking them BUT yesterday the reason that Bos was taking them and floating them is because Samba was telling him too. On the first 2 or 3 free kicks he half hearted crossed the ball in and Samba was shouting at him to put them up high in which we scored a goal by doing as the keeper come out and with Sambas presence couldn't get a full punch on the ball but I would prefer a whipped in ball but that wouldn't play to Sambas strength

Comment

Originally posted by QPRWEBBIE View Post
      Agree what you saying about set pieces and would have Townsend taking them BUT yesterday the reason that Bos was taking them and floating them is because Samba was telling him too. On the first 2 or 3 free kicks he half hearted crossed the ball in and Samba was shouting at him to put them up high in which we scored a goal by doing as the keeper come out and with Sambas presence couldn't get a full punch on the ball but I would prefer a whipped in ball but that wouldn't play to Sambas strength
      Interesting mate and I didn't notice that. Probably explains it but think we need to at least mix it up a little. The floated ball is was getting gobbled up and needed some variety.
      I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Interesting mate and I didn't notice that. Probably explains it but think we need to at least mix it up a little. The floated ball is was getting gobbled up and needed some variety.
        Problem is we always look to accommodate Samba coz his our most dangerous outlet and is probably the right decision but on the odd occasion we should let Samba go deep and they will obviously track him and then whip the ball into the near post and have 2 runners for the flick in

Comment

Originally posted by QPRWEBBIE View Post
          Problem is we always look to accommodate Samba coz his our most dangerous outlet and is probably the right decision but on the odd occasion we should let Samba go deep and they will obviously track him and then whip the ball into the near post and have 2 runners for the flick in
          Agree, I mean I do apprectiate Samba's strength in the air. I was at the home game where he scored 2 headers and made halls life hell but if they double up on him it makes life tough for him. Also it's a big ask for our quality to give him a pin point cross. I agree it should open up opportunitys for other players, but when a balls played in at pace, it's much harder to defend and even prior to Samba signing, we never whipped the ball in then either. Allbeit adel's set pieces were very poor.
          I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Agree, I mean I do apprectiate Samba's strength in the air. I was at the home game where he scored 2 headers and made halls life hell but if they double up on him it makes life tough for him. Also it's a big ask for our quality to give him a pin point cross. I agree it should open up opportunitys for other players, but when a balls played in at pace, it's much harder to defend and even prior to Samba signing, we never whipped the ball in then either. Allbeit adel's set pieces were very poor.
            I just find we are so static at set pieces,we need to make it difficult to defend against us ie players moving from near post to back post and visa versa, this doesn't just confuse defences but also makes them take there eye of the ball so we can attack the ball and be a yard in front of them

Comment

Working...
            X