So we meet Wigan 6 days before their FA CUp Semi at Wembley

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So we meet Wigan 6 days before their FA CUp Semi at Wembley

Will this be their downfall or will it inspire them, I think it could be a great time to meet them ! Nobody will want to miss Wembley, so get stuck in right from the start and we should beat them.

Hopefully their eye will be on that. Can't imagine too many of em wanting to go in for a big 50-50 tackle and risk missing the semi at Wembley?
    You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by Kit View Post
      Will this be their downfall or will it inspire them, I think it could be a great time to meet them ! Nobody will want to miss Wembley, so get stuck in right from the start and we should beat them.
      Some posters on here were expressing the same theories about our match with Swansea before their League Cup Final, that didn't work out so well did it? I know that match was 2 weeks before the final and the Swans put a weakened side out in their next match at Anfiekd!
      @gatorTFC

Comment

Wigan are going to have the premiership as the priority...the FA Cup will mean f'all if they get relegated.

Comment

Keep your focus in the next match!

Comment

I was thinking the same Kit, they may play a weakened team or a full team against us, which ever way its good for us.
            Last edited by cross it Dave; 10-03-2013, 08:34 PM.
            I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

Originally posted by gator View Post
              Some posters on here were expressing the same theories about our match with Swansea before their League Cup Final, that didn't work out so well did it? I know that match was 2 weeks before the final and the Swans put a weakened side out in their next match at Anfiekd!
              It didnt work because we never laid a glove on Swansea until the end of the first half and they danced around us for the first 45mins. As soon as we put our foot in there left back got injured and missed the Final and it was noticable we were the better side 2nd half when we showed we had some fight in us.

Against Wigan we need to come out blazing knocking a few of them over and in my view they will start avoiding challenges as the following week will be on their mind

Comment

i met up with the exmrsfactamondo a week before we were in the divorce court as i felt i may soften her up before the big day...........she knocked the b ollox outta me anyway a week later!
                you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

Don't think it will make much of a difference to be honest. Wigan should beat Blackburn or Millwall. Losing cup finalists will be in the Europa League as well. You will assume that City, United and the Scum will all qualify for the Champions League.
                  First game: Arsenal vs Queen's Park Rangers at Highbury, Saturday 17th November 1984.

Comment

on paper, this sounds like its helpful, however football matches aren't played on paper!
                    2 huge games to worry about before Wigan

Comment

Originally posted by Busheyboy View Post
                      on paper, this sounds like its helpful, however football matches aren't played on paper!
                      2 huge games to worry about before Wigan
                      Very true and any scenario is still possible for us to be in by Wigan game, we could be out the bottom 3 or 7 points adrift again ! We have at least given ourselves a chance now and who knows what will happen but I am glad Wigan won yesterday, keeps their minds on the Cup, Premiership or not and means Goodison Park remains a Saturday fixture and not midweek.

Comment

Working...
                      X