QPR’s Wage Bill and Debt Soar in the Year to 31st May 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QPR’s Wage Bill and Debt Soar in the Year to 31st May 2012

News of the club’s dramatic increase in wages and debt has just been revealed, alarming is an understatement !!! These figures will surely increase significantly again when the next set of accounts are produced. Owen Gibson wrote the following article for ‘The Guardian’: ‘The scale of the challenge facing QPR if Harry Redknapp fails to keep them in the Premier League is laid bare in newly published financial results for last season, which show their wage bill doubled even before … Continue reading →

More...

More scare stories and dramatisation of our club's accounts. Our chairman is a qualified accountant and a successful businessman. He knows what he's doing.
    Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

Find the £27m annual wage bill for the year we won the Championship very hard to believe. Equates to having 25 players all earning £21k per week...... :crazy

Obviously I don't know the clubs accounts but I highly doubt this wa the case.
      You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by QPR Richard View Post
        More scare stories and dramatisation of our club's accounts. Our chairman is a qualified accountant and a successful businessman. He knows what he's doing.
        Qualified accountants and successful businessmen have been known to sometimes get things wrong every now and then as well!
        I agree that the dailies would absolutely love it if doomsday landed at Loftus Road; they already have the stories written in anticipation. That is why we have to stay up and prove them wrong, which I'm more and more confident we will.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
          Find the £27m annual wage bill for the year we won the Championship very hard to believe. Equates to having 25 players all earning £21k per week...... :crazy

Obviously I don't know the clubs accounts but I highly doubt this wa the case.
          According to the accounts, during the Championship year we had 114 Members of staff being paid £26.377m, this included 74 "Players, managers, coaches and support staff" this with an income of £16.229m, make of that what you will.

This year our income more than covers our wages although with only £5m left over. The Shareholders have invested very heavily during this time, and allthough the debt figures sound scary it is all owed to the people who own the club. Zero interest and zero chance of them trying to sell off the club in order to get their money back. If you remember back to the time when we had the £10m ABC loan, this was secured on the ground and carried a 10% interest rate, it was because of this loan that the club was bought to its knees. This is a much more secure and comfortable situation.

Comment

Originally posted by Maidohoops View Post
            According to the accounts, during the Championship year we had 114 Members of staff being paid £26.377m, this included 74 "Players, managers, coaches and support staff" this with an income of £16.229m, make of that what you will.

This year our income more than covers our wages although with only £5m left over. The Shareholders have invested very heavily during this time, and allthough the debt figures sound scary it is all owed to the people who own the club. Zero interest and zero chance of them trying to sell off the club in order to get their money back. If you remember back to the time when we had the £10m ABC loan, this was secured on the ground and carried a 10% interest rate, it was because of this loan that the club was bought to its knees. This is a much more secure and comfortable situation.
            Oh right fair play, cheers for the info I didn't realise that I just made the assumption it was based on players wages.
            You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

the debt prob is a red herring imo....the wage issue...didnt PB say that has gone down from last year?

Comment

Lets hope those in charge know what they are doing.

We've already been down the road towards oblivion before, dont fancy making the same journey again.

Comment

mr beard is on record over and over stating
                  "we are debt free"
                  he would know and tell us the truth, surely?????
                  or will he get back to us...lol!

Comment

We are classed as debt free by the board as it is them that own the debt. To give you an idea of the advantage that give us here are some figures from other Premier League clubs, with wages as a percentage of turnover, debt and more importantly annual interest payable on this debt. Remember from the ABC £10m loan it was the interest that nearly killed us.

As for Administration, this is something that happens when the people owed money from the business have no faith in its ability to pay it back and declare in court that the owners are not running the business properly. If the court takes your side they will then appoint a company to take over the running of the business and instruct them to find a way of paying back the debts, either by cutting costs or selling assets. Now ask yourself, why would I take myself to court in order to get a court order against me stating that I am not competent to run my own business?

Team Wages as a percentage of turnover (%) Wage bill (£m) Net debt (£m) Interest payable (£m)
                    Arsenal 48% 124 98 15
                    Aston Villa 90% 83 114 6
                    Chelsea 86% 190 92 0.8
                    Everton 71% 58 45 4
                    Fulham 75% 58 190 0.6
                    Liverpool 73% 135 65 3
                    Manchester City 114% 174 43 5
                    Manchester United 46% 153 308 50
                    Newcastle United 60% 54 130 0.2
                    QPR 91% 58 89 0.038
                    Stoke City 70% 47 0 0
                    Sunderland 77% 61 77 2
                    Tottenham Hotspur 56% 91 57 6
                    West Bromwich Albion 63% 37 2 0
                    West Ham United 69% 56 45 3
                    Wigan Athletic 78% 40 21 1

Comment

Loads of other teams are in real debt but not to their owners - the papers just love highlighting anything negative about us

Comment

Originally posted by Maidohoops View Post
                        We are classed as debt free by the board as it is them that own the debt. To give you an idea of the advantage that give us here are some figures from other Premier League clubs, with wages as a percentage of turnover, debt and more importantly annual interest payable on this debt. Remember from the ABC £10m loan it was the interest that nearly killed us.

As for Administration, this is something that happens when the people owed money from the business have no faith in its ability to pay it back and declare in court that the owners are not running the business properly. If the court takes your side they will then appoint a company to take over the running of the business and instruct them to find a way of paying back the debts, either by cutting costs or selling assets. Now ask yourself, why would I take myself to court in order to get a court order against me stating that I am not competent to run my own business?

Team Wages as a percentage of turnover (%) Wage bill (£m) Net debt (£m) Interest payable (£m)
                        Arsenal 48% 124 98 15
                        Aston Villa 90% 83 114 6
                        Chelsea 86% 190 92 0.8
                        Everton 71% 58 45 4
                        Fulham 75% 58 190 0.6
                        Liverpool 73% 135 65 3
                        Manchester City 114% 174 43 5
                        Manchester United 46% 153 308 50
                        Newcastle United 60% 54 130 0.2
                        QPR 91% 58 89 0.038
                        Stoke City 70% 47 0 0
                        Sunderland 77% 61 77 2
                        Tottenham Hotspur 56% 91 57 6
                        West Bromwich Albion 63% 37 2 0
                        West Ham United 69% 56 45 3
                        Wigan Athletic 78% 40 21 1
                        Good and interesting post, where's the perfectly run Swancelona?

Things of interest

Our wage bill is higher than the toon and same as Everton.
                        Villa look f****d if they go down, always being told that villa have a lean, young team on low wages which will ease the pain if they go down. This doesn't tally with the figures massive salary coupled with massive debt.

From these figures how is the premiership considered the land of milk and honey, villa big club, big crowd, reasonably well run, premiership for years but completely skint.
                        Last edited by TBLOCKRANGER; 08-03-2013, 08:22 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X