Why is it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is it

Evening chaps/chapetts . Was just sitting here wondering about people's opinions on why the press seem to want us to fail so badly ? Who have we upset in the media circles to make 90 percent of the stories about us negative which in turn get recycled and snowball on sites such as this one and other message boards ? Do you think it could be that we are secretly envied for our financial clout despite being a ' small ' club ? Even after a win it feels like the papers are gutted that they might have to write something good about QPR ? I personally think we will stay up given the run of games despite the extra pressure that is put on us by the rags . Come on you rsss

We make for good press. Flamboyant chairman, part-owned by one of the richest men in the world, with the freakshow of Tango and Cash before that. We've brought in a lot of big names (past their prime but still) and we're a London club. Take all that, add in the fact positive stories don't sell half as well and you've got your answer.

Comment

Originally posted by Greg1882 View Post
      Evening chaps/chapetts . Was just sitting here wondering about people's opinions on why the press seem to want us to fail so badly ? Who have we upset in the media circles to make 90 percent of the stories about us negative which in turn get recycled and snowball on sites such as this one and other message boards ? Do you think it could be that we are secretly envied for our financial clout despite being a ' small ' club ? Even after a win it feels like the papers are gutted that they might have to write something good about QPR ? I personally think we will stay up given the run of games despite the extra pressure that is put on us by the rags . Come on you rsss
      Not sure there's anything secret about it. Some of the carp that I have read in the press this season led me to this conclusion some time ago. Read an "article" just yesterday reporting that Samba was on more than £100k a week despite the fact that Tf has publicly rubbished this weeks ago. I am sure that a lot of it is lazy journalism but not all.

Comment

it does seem to me too, that everyone seems to want us to fail. the media and most fans of other teams. im not sure why though. i think its because of the speed in which we tried to shake off our small club tag. If we would of replicated reading , norwich's transfer spendings , i doubt we would be perceived the way we currently are.

A chelsea knobhead i speak 2 said 2 me the other day " id take us not getting champions league next year, to see you get relegated". I wanted to bite his nose off

Comment

Originally posted by W2QPR View Post
          it does seem to me too, that everyone seems to want us to fail. the media and most fans of other teams. im not sure why though. i think its because of the speed in which we tried to shake off our small club tag. If we would of replicated reading , norwich's transfer spendings , i doubt we would be perceived the way we currently are.

A chelsea knobhead i speak 2 said 2 me the other day " id take us not getting champions league next year, to see you get relegated". I wanted to bite his nose off
          There is an olde English bye law that in situations like that you are able to do that,and then some.
          "The kids missed everything from Queens Park Rangers to Conkers".

London Pride has been handed down to us.
          London Pride is a flower that's free.
          London Pride means our own dear town to us,
          And our pride it for ever will be.

Comment

Simply because the press make their money from stories and unfortunatley to them we are the gift that keeps on giving back to when Paladini has arrived.

1) Guns in the board
            2) Then we had the court case into guns in the boardroom where our owner if I recall correctly was less then convincing on the stand
            3) Death of Ray Jones RIP (Nice touch by Rangers fans at Southampton by the way)
            4) Tear up in a reserve game with the chinese U21
            5) Knee high and Flabby arrived with their celebrity hangers on bringing more attention
            6) Faurlingate where a side about to gain the riches of the premier league may have been denied a place
            7) As said below Tony arrived who is media friendly and we spend a bit of cash which causes uproar as little QPR are not allowed to make an effort at staying in the prem
            8) We score goal that goes over line at Bolton but its not given
            9) Captain Barton tries to kick off a second Falklands war by by taking out two Argentines last game of last season
            10) We make one of the poorest starts to a prem season ever after allegedly spending loads of Wonga
            11) We recurit a manager in Rednapp who is the media darling so he draws further attention

Im sure there is much more others could add to the list but we certainly need a bit of time out of the limelight, surely its someone elses turn if only for a season

Comment

Originally posted by Greg1882 View Post
              It's always easier to kick someone who is already down mate.

Comment

Working...
              X