No announcement yet.

Green should be

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They are both good enough to be first choice keeper in any team outside the top six They both have their pros and cons and can both make top class saves (look at Green on Saturday) and can both make mistakes (look at Cesar on Saturday). That isn't loaded in Green's favour for any reason other than it was the last game by the way - but it shows some balance because everyone says green is liable to a mistake (so is Cesar though maybe not as often) and also says Cesar is the top shot stopper - but that is also a massive strength of Green's.
    The area where Green wins hands down is kicking from hands and the floor and with Cesar's dodgy groin I would pick Green on Saturday.
    #standuptocancer
    #inyourfacecancer

Comment

How many of Greens best performances this season have come at home?

Comment

Originally posted by NortholtRanger View Post
        How many of Greens best performances this season have come at home?
        You have a good point - are you saying we should be more supportive of him or do you just think he doesn't have the bottle for it?
        #standuptocancer
        #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Originally posted by Bluehoop View Post
          You have a good point - are you saying we should be more supportive of him or do you just think he doesn't have the bottle for it?
          Bit of both I feel.

Comment

Originally posted by NortholtRanger View Post
            Bit of both I feel.
            Yep. I think if he starts Saturday the crowd will give him a great reception after last week's heroics. Then, it's all down to him to answer our question I guess
            #standuptocancer
            #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Originally posted by Bluehoop View Post
              Yep. I think if he starts Saturday the crowd will give him a great reception after last week's heroics. Then, it's all down to him to answer our question I guess
              Would no doubt be a massive confidence boost for him should that happen (he deserves it for that amazing save).

Comment

If cesar didn't push the ball out to the opposition so much I would be 99% happy with him.

Comment

Interesting segment on radio 5 yesterday about some boffins that have been examining the modern football. At the Euros in 2010 they introduced a new ball with a textured surface and the boffins found that if the ball is spinning, and the speed of the ball surface due to rotation becomes equal to the speed of the ball, it starts to do strange things like swerve unpredictably. A bit like when a cricket ball becomes older and reverse swing happens. They reckoned that that was what happened with Clint Dempsey's shot for USA against England and that, along with the bounce, meant that Green wasn't really to blame for letting it in.

Not sure I buy it myself but it was interesting.

Comment

They are both good keepers ,but we would be very much adrift if it wasn't for Cesars saves through Jan and Feb , but I do agree he parrys the ball too much , but that is a trait of foreign keepers ,( if that's not too much of a generalisation ) .
                    Green needs to build on Saturdays performance ,its only his confidence that is lacking ,not his ability
                    Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

Comment

Don't get me wrong we are in a very good position regarding keepers and the envy of most prem clubs and happy with who ever starts

Comment

Working...
                      X