Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warren Farm hitch?

http://www.ealingtoday.co.uk/default...renfarm001.htm

This is the UK, where planning permission and 1027 different consultations will be needed before anything goes ahead. Money talks end of the day, and the council need it.

This made me chuckle though:

This all started back in 2011 when Ealing Council invited tenders from organisations to develop the much-neglected Warren Farm site on a 200 year lease.
    However:

Malcolm Weller, an Old Hanwell resident of 24 years is far from impressed: “Neither Ealing Council nor Queen’s Park Rangers could identify a single benefit to the community that we don’t already have.
    Surely, Mr Weller - Warren Farm will no longer be "much neglected", the area will be cleaned up and developed (roads, lighting etc) and new jobs will be created for the community. Win win?

Comment

usual planning procedure...bound to be people with the hump...wont change anything......

Comment

ive heard the rats and rabbits are not letting this go. Tree huggers are going to back them
        Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

Originally posted by Gtleighsr3 View Post
          ive heard the rats and rabbits are not letting this go. Tree huggers are going to back them
          Swampy is already there stinking the place out...

Comment

Public Meeting in Hanwell Regarding the Proposed Development of Warren Farm

Viv Ellis wrote the following article for ‘Ealing Today’ regarding the recent public meeting in Hanwell: ‘Around fifty people attended a meeting in Hanwell this week (26th) over the proposed development of Warren Farm – Ealing’s largest sports ground. The plans are to build an all-singing, all-dancing state-of-the-art training ground for Queen’s Park Rangers Football Club, a category 1 Football Training Academy which will also provide sports and leisure facilities for the community. Facing a roomful of people ranging from … Continue reading →

More...

Comment

Warren Farm is a shizen hole
              If you've ever played there you'd know the pitches are deal, the changing rooms dilapidated and nothing in the facility works
              The tennis courts are a car park
              You can't walk your dog there
              The road is a little used short cut / link to Tesco
              The plot is massive

I live nearby and would welcome this gladly but then I'm biased. The objectors are the usual crew with one of the most concerned being the model aircraft enthusiasts (it's on the flight path to Heathrow FFS!!)

The most justified objection would be the floodlights and light pollution but to balance that the M4 and Paddington line add to the flight path which I'd suggest are far more concerning
              Maybe Wyke Green golf club are worried about a sudden influx of lairy footballers clogging the greens after training, or the Hair and Hounds concerned WAGS won't like their chicken ding menu??

Just get this done and revitalise that immediate area
              I need some time in the sunshine, I gotta slow it right down.

Comment

Working...
              X