Do we drop Mackie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do we drop Mackie

Or should he stay out wide. I would drop him and have Hoilett and Townsend on the wings

http://www.westlondonsport.com/featu...hes-no-striker

I'm with you. Or if Hoilett's lacking fitness I'd go SWP & Townsend wide. Either way, no way should Mackie play when we are so desperate for goals.
    You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Please God!!!

Comment

Tries well hard he does, play him upfront by himself

Comment

I think he is one of the most unselfish players out there and will try his hardest in whatever position he's asked to play. What is his best position?

Comment

Yes. If fit

Cesar
            Mbia Samba Hill Yun
            Townsend Granero Derry Holliet
            BZ Remy.

Not a good midfield on paper, but would give it a go and be prepared to sub BZ with Adel playing only Remy up front if it doesn't work.

Comment

Yes!! ASAP! Play him as a super sub sometimes but should never start!

Comment

Wihout a doubt. Can't fault his heart or passion, however his creativity is zilch. Remy and Zamora up top with Adel on left and Townsend on the right. Just the small matter who fills the central midfield roles. Unfortunately Mbia is not giving me any confidence at moment so would go with either Derry or Diaktie coupled with Granero. I'm afraid a Gung ho policy is called for now. Roll on a good result at St Marys.

Comment

Mackie has his uses in geeing up the team and providing an example to others with his work-rate. But right now he is in awful form, even by his standards, and we are carrying him in attack. Any positive effect he has had on work-rate seems to have worn off anyway.

Partly this is down to formations. Mackie is best at playing high up the pitch, where he can break in behind defences and doesn't need to be so involved in build up play. Under the Warnock 4231 in the Championship he essentially played as a wide-forward, ahead of Adel, pressing the full-back and looking to get in behind him once we regained possession.

Under Hughes and HR, the wide men have played deeper, and Mackie's limitations are being exposed. It's so frustrating watching him make the wrong run when Adel or Granero are on the ball looking to release him. It's equally frustrating watching the ball bounce off him, or watching Jamie make the same attempted dribble, blocked for the millionth time.

I would definitely drop him for the time being.

Comment

Originally posted by acricketer View Post
                    I think he is one of the most unselfish players out there and will try his hardest in whatever position he's asked to play. What is his best position?
                    Coming off the bench for the last 15-20 mins.

Yes, I would drop him.

Depending on the formation Redknapp wants to play, he has other options in Townsend, Hoilett, Tarrabt, SWP, Traore, Granero, Diakite or Jenas.
                    Redknapp can choose 5-2-3, 5-3-2, 3-4-3, 4-3-3 etc and not select Mackie in any of them.

I do not want to really single out Mackie, but a return of 2 goals scored and not many assists in his 26 apps is not really contributing much to the team’s results.

Comment

Jamie Mackie, love the guy, shows great commitment. But, it's not enough.
                      Impact sub at best, should only start if there is absolutely no alternative.

Comment

As we seem to all agree..why cant Harry and this is no way slating our Jamie I'd have him in the trenches with me.

Comment

Got some important goals for us last season, completely ineffective so far this season. It's do or die from this point on, my preferred line-up (assuming everyone fit, which considering our injury record so far this season seems very unlikely):

Cesar
                          Onuoha Samba Hill Fabio
                          Mbia
                          Hoilett Granero Taarabt
                          Remy Zamora

Zamora off for Diakite if we're winning, off for Townsend with Taarabt moving behind Remy if we're losing.

Comment

Am i correct in saying most of his goals last season were scored when he came on late in the game...

Comment

Originally posted by acricketer View Post
                              He may be unselfish when it comes to workrate, but when he has the ball, he is one of the most greedy and selfish players ive ever seen.... He always tries (badly) to beat pleayers instead of passing and rarely gives the ball to anyone other then the opposition when he runs into them..... this is the main reason nothing comes through him in the way of assists becasue he is very greedy.

Comment

Working...
                              X