Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What really wound up about yesterday's performance?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What really wound up about yesterday's performance?

Was our lack of urgency and just doing the basics.

We're 2 nil down and the ball goes out for a throw. We show no urgency to run after it and get the ball back in play. We just give up so easily.

Our passing is dreadful. We just lump the ball forward. No one wants the ball. We just hope Adel can do some magic. There were errors all over the pitch. I don't mind losing, but this squad of players I think are the most pathetic group I have ever seen in my life. At least in our dark days of the Championship when we went down to League One we knew we had poor players. These guys are just woeful.

Then watching Swansea win today just compounds everything that is wrong with our club. We have no class, we have no style, we are so badly mismanaged. Seeing Wolves lose again today which puts them still in the relegation zone shows how hard it will be for us next season and I really do fear for us next season. We will be a big scalp each week and we will be stuck with a load of players who are poor on high wages who won't have the fight of the Championship. I really don't know what the answer is. I'm thankful for Tony Fernandes and the Mittals, but this summer serious issues need to be addressed otherwise I dread to think what may happen to us.

We have seen 2 wins this season, we have scored 2 goals in just 2 games. It is utter painful watching us and somehow we have 3,500 going to Southampton on Saturday and we know what we're like with a big away support. We must all be mad. The next few months are going to be continually bad and very sad to be a Ranger. I just want to wake up on a Sunday not feeling so depressed about my club and what we've become.
    First game: Arsenal vs Queen's Park Rangers at Highbury, Saturday 17th November 1984.

I am so with you on that one, mate.

Comment

said the same thing yesterday during the game...no urgency, no battling, no fight, no endeavour, no extra effort. just going throught the motions.

Comment

The Championship is a totally different game. If it comes to it we will smash it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ed the Ball View Post
          The Championship is a totally different game. If it comes to it we will smash it.
          Bolton said the same thing...and Blackpool.

Comment

We totally lack movement we are like statues. Every time a Man Utd player had the ball he had two or three options of who to give it to they play in triangles where as we have no options and therefore we turn and go backwards and that allows opposition to get behind the ball. We attack without pace nor purpose. How many times did Giggs get into the box for a shot, When did we last commit one of our midfielders into the box to get beyond their backline.

I dont know if the players are told not to go forward or just dont have the impetus to do it

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
              We totally lack movement we are like statues. Every time a Man Utd player had the ball he had two or three options of who to give it to they play in triangles where as we have no options and therefore we turn and go backwards and that allows opposition to get behind the ball. We attack without pace nor purpose. How many times did Giggs get into the box for a shot, When did we last commit one of our midfielders into the box to get beyond their backline.

I dont know if the players are told not to go forward or just dont have the impetus to do it
              Totally agree. Every time we have the ball out wide we only ever have 1 option in the box. It's basic. If you attack down the left then the midfielders and the right sides players get in the box. Gives you 4/5 targets in the box. You then have to bust a gut to get back and defend! A main reason we are unable to score no more than a goal in a game if we're lucky. We are pathetic to watch. I really would love to know what we do in training.
              First game: Arsenal vs Queen's Park Rangers at Highbury, Saturday 17th November 1984.

Comment

Originally posted by HammersmithR View Post
                Totally agree. Every time we have the ball out wide we only ever have 1 option in the box. It's basic. If you attack down the left then the midfielders and the right sides players get in the box. Gives you 4/5 targets in the box. You then have to bust a gut to get back and defend! A main reason we are unable to score no more than a goal in a game if we're lucky. We are pathetic to watch. I really would love to know what we do in training.
                Thats what I cant get my head round surely Rednapp and Hughes before him were not saying to the players I dont want the midfield getting in the box especially now we know we need goals to stand any chance of staying up. Surely the instructions are to support the man on the ball and get into the box at every opportunity so if we are not doing that it has to be the players making that decision on the pitch.

Comment

The problem is the players we have on the pitch are ****
                  R's

Comment

Originally posted by SteveQPR1975 View Post
                    The problem is the players we have on the pitch are ****

this
                    Absolute pony. A team constructed from benchwarmers and freebies that no one else wanted. All on fortunes in wages. Three windows worth of panic buying lured to the club by lucrative wages.

Comment

Most of our players are sh* t at the moment and so is Harry. Most Spurs fans said he was tactically inept and we are now seeing this for ourselves. No good just being a good motivator of men if at the end of the day you don't know how to command them
                      22nd February away v Charlton is the 40th Anniversary of my support of QPR and my first game. Away v Chelsea 3-3 23rd Feb 1974. 40 years of pure magic!!

Comment

2-0 down, v champs elect and you want us to hurry up
                        makes no sense, game was gone when giggs scored...we were down after wba away in october
                        this lot just aren't good enough...even if results have improved.
                        too few have given it a go...nelsen,hill, derry (when played) cesar has stopped many shots but i wish he'd hold a few more or deflect them off
                        in januray we should have prepared for next season, cleared house and began the re-build. find a midfield general and built it around him.
                        i wonder have paolo di canio would do for us?

Comment

Originally posted by themodfather View Post
                          makes no sense, game was gone when giggs scored...we were down after wba away in october
                          too few have given it a go...nelsen,hill, derry (when played) cesar has stopped many shots but i wish he'd hold a few more or deflect them off
                          in januray we should have prepared for next season, cleared house and began the re-build. find a midfield general and built it around him.
                          Di Canio was at the game yesterday, really don't think he'd be good for us.

Comment

Originally posted by themodfather View Post
                            Your post has no credibility whatsoever because you make the false claim we were down after WBA in October. We weren't, so the rest of your post may be inaccurate too.
                            Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

im going to southampton but this shower dont deserve us, we travel in numbers to watch the majority of the players going thru the motions .i dont care if we lose if the players work there socks off...but that isn't going to happen

Comment

Working...
                              X