QPR's Samba move questioned

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QPR's Samba move questioned

QPR were "out of their minds" to sign defender Christopher Samba in a big-money move from Anzhi Makhachkala, according to the Russian club's director.

More...

Another story suggested that he didnt even say goodbye before he jumped on a plane for the UK.

Comment

Top five in Europe.
      Kept the faith!

Comment

Sour grapes

Lost a good player but I make him right to an extent it was a desperation signing on our part.

Comment

One of the few big money signings that has a sell on value that may lead to profit fee
          I need some time in the sunshine, I gotta slow it right down.

Comment

who cares what that bloke thinks, hardly going to be loving it is he
            its New Era number 8 i tell thee, bring on the fireworks

Comment

Originally posted by Ric-Roc View Post
              ...it was a desperation signing on our part.
              It is exactly this perceived desperation that makes me worry about the club's financial projections in case of relegation. Desperate acquisitions smell of dire straits, trying to avoid relegation at all costs - at the cost of having too much of a financial burden if we get relegated.
              If I was in charge of the club I would have allocated a very limited budget for January acquisitions and would have advised the manager and the team to find a fighting spirit within themselves at long frigging last instead of hoping that a few more expensive mercenaries could just about tie us over in the table.
              Banning people is no longer my hobby,
              but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
              http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

12.5 million for someone who he believes is one of the top 5 defenders in Europe and he thinks we are out of our minds. Based on that, I don't think he should throw stones !

Comment

Originally posted by LBLOCK View Post
                  One of the few big money signings that has a sell on value that may lead to profit fee
                  You think so? He will be 29 in march, won't get any quicker, and if you go down it might be a bit of economical pressure to sell him. If you manage to get a profit, it would be because Harry Redknapp has taken over somebody else in the same desperate need of a central defender as you where.

Comment

Originally posted by LBLOCK View Post
                    Exactly, we might have 15m+ on him right now.

Comment

Originally posted by MYU View Post
                      Exactly, we might have 15m+ on him right now.
                      When you bought him, you where under a lot of pressure to sign a central defender. So, easy for Anzih (who is a wealthy club) to demand that you have to activate his release clause.

If you go down, you probably will have to sell him. Fernandes has talked about offloading players, implying that you won't operate with the same wage budget in the championship. Add to that, Samba would probably have ambitions to play at a higher level, so he would want to leave. So now, the pressure would be on you to sell. Who would then pay £15 mill for a central defender that is 29 years old, has his weaknesses, and has just been relegated from the premier league in a buyers market? Won't happen IMO.

Comment

Southampton will pay that and some, judging by the money they spend on Jay Rodriguez and that other fella (from Udinese?). Makes me laugh how the focus is on us and our spending yet Soton spent, IIRC, the 6th most of any European club in the summer yet nobody mentions it ?
                        You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Good thing that tony f stated samba has no release clause in his contract and that we will build a team around him.
                          nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
                            Southampton will pay that and some, judging by the money they spend on Jay Rodriguez and that other fella (from Udinese?). Makes me laugh how the focus is on us and our spending yet Soton spent, IIRC, the 6th most of any European club in the summer yet nobody mentions it ?
                            Might have something to do with the fact that those players actually contribute with something and looks to keep us up in the premier league?

Comment

To be honest your opinion is about as welcome as a dose on my ar5e !

Comment

Working...
                              X