This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

haha very good v block yes our very own Ray-ha9 was quite an amusing character tbf
      I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

I miss old Raymondo... after months of stupidly accusing me on Twitter of being Snooker Loopy, he decided to block me and so now I know nothing of his life.

Comment

Originally posted by Geng View Post
          This is actually an important debate, and something that most posters here don't really realise.

This forum was created so that GP would have an arms-length mouthpiece forum. The 'rumours' (leaks) that Pete would post were a way of building up a following amongst the more credulous QPR fans. In turn, this forum was to form a core group of fans who faithfully supported the club's management, if often not the players and managers. Look at how the anti-Sousa stuff was spun on this board once GP decided he didn't like him.

Then we have the smears put out about other fans, other forums and so on. The whole process really did have a horrible effect on our fanbase.

We have ended up with this daft situation of a relatively small but incredibly divided fanbase. We have at least 6 active forums - a ridiculous amount for a club our size!
          WATRBs is quite similar to how Ultras are treated in Italy. Favoured groups of fans gain access to players*, free tickets, insider info on transfers and whatnot. In return, they support the club's management, and not the players.

This is why in Italy you see gangs of Ultras terrorising players, but rarely criticising their club's often inept owners.

*someone ought to dig out that photo of GP, Ledesma, Scott Jones, FreeSeat and others in the British Queen
          That is actually incorrect.

Comment

Originally posted by MYU View Post
            That is actually incorrect.
            Well tell me the real truth then.

Dave Mc and Scott Jones both agree with the above history, and they've been pretty much directly opposed on all things QPR in recent years

Comment

Originally posted by NortholtRanger View Post
              GP and Pete, who are the rest Matty?
              My old mucker 'James HA9 receedy tumour boy'
              I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

This is actually an important debate, and something that most posters here don't really realise.

This forum was created so that GP would have an arms-length mouthpiece forum. The 'rumours' (leaks) that Pete would post were a way of building up a following amongst the more credulous QPR fans. In turn, this forum was to form a core group of fans who faithfully supported the club's management, if often not the players and managers. Look at how the anti-Sousa stuff was spun on this board once GP decided he didn't like him.

Then we have the smears put out about other fans, other forums and so on. The whole process really did have a horrible effect on our fanbase.

We have ended up with this daft situation of a relatively small but incredibly divided fanbase. We have at least 6 active forums - a ridiculous amount for a club our size!

Makes sense.
                QPR
                Best team in the world
                Sort of

Comment

Right, can't accuse us of censorship as the negative opinion of the WATRB origins has been formulated here in detail for all to see. You are free to believe whatever you want. For me WATRB is just a friendly forum, otherwise I wouldn't be here. In any case, keeping this thread open will only lead to more bad blood. We are not interested in messageboard wars and singling people out. If anyone feels the urge to further exploit this topic, I suggest you do it on another forum or Twitter.
                  Banning people is no longer my hobby,
                  but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
                  http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

Working...
                  X