• Time
  • Show
Clear All

harry loves babbling , especially when it involves money or transfers

it's why the media love him, he always gives them something to print

but yeah stupid thing to say. unhelpful

Comment

Originally posted by kron-1664 View Post
      i think arry has tried everything in his power but its not working. The squad is so poor, theres only so much somebody can do.
      I think that about sums it up, like most everyone else he probably thought there was some quality in this side and he might be able to pull another Great Escape but reality is setting in!
      @gatorTFC

Comment

He better focus on how to play attacking football!
        QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

Originally posted by BuffooneRy View Post
          Nigel Adkins anyone?
          Agreed.
          QPR
          Best team in the world
          Sort of

Comment

buying players then a week later manager saying big clubs are interested in them. what has my club turned into.

a second hand car trade in center by the looks of it.
            nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

I think he's making the point that if we go down, there won't be a problem gettng our money back for Samba. Don't read into it anymore than that. This is probably because everyone is saying we'll go bust having players like Samba in the championship, so he feels the need to make the point we can sell players if we need to.
              What Harry will do personally, I don't know. He may be prepared to give it 1 season in the championship and develop his own team. Not really sure on that one.
              He inherited a shocking mess and to be fair, tried very hard to attract players in Jan. How many players want to join a club, odds on to go down and then agree to a pay cut, if that happens.
              Very difficult for Harry and I don't think we should be blaming him. Some tactics have appeared to be negative but with no strikers of PL quality we very have few options.
              Remy and BZ would give us some threat but if they're not fit, what can we do

Comment

Originally posted by Busheyboy View Post
                I think he's making the point that if we go down, there won't be a problem gettng our money back for Samba. Don't read into it anymore than that. This is probably because everyone is saying we'll go bust having players like Samba in the championship, so he feels the need to make the point we can sell players if we need to.
                What Harry will do personally, I don't know. He may be prepared to give it 1 season in the championship and develop his own team. Not really sure on that one.
                He inherited a shocking mess and to be fair, tried very hard to attract players in Jan. How many players want to join a club, odds on to go down and then agree to a pay cut, if that happens.
                Very difficult for Harry and I don't think we should be blaming him. Some tactics have appeared to be negative but with no strikers of PL quality we very have few options.
                Remy and BZ would give us some threat but if they're not fit, what can we do
                I understand what you are saying, but doesn't that sound like he has come to terms with going down? What impact does that have on the team, especially when we are not relegated yet?

I think HR is a good manager and likely to be the one who can get us out of the mess we are in, but I dont know about his tactics off the pitch. If we are all reading that 'Samba can be sold if we go down...' , what does that say? It's just weird to be mentioning 'going down' in public when a leader is meant to drive players forward giving hope and building confidence, not to cover his own assss in transfer dealings.

Starting to sound like he is wriggling out of responsibility in a subtle way sometimes. If we stay up he will probably have a statue built in the bush, if we go down he will jump ship and say 'well that's football, ya know?'

I would like to see him step up and throw his entire reputation down on this instead of excusing things, blaming players etc etc

i mean he said that Cesar was having a nightmare and shouldn't have played on saturday against swansea...why didnt he sub him then? We have another Keeper of decent standard there. After the game he says ' I can only go on what a player tells me, if they say they are fit then I play them...' what kind of sh!t is that? If you are a manager its your job to indentify problems quickly and make the changes, isnt it?!

I hope he's in it for the long term, I like HR a lot but fak me he is starting to look a bit dodgy in my eyes.

Comment

Totally agree with Busheyboy - The Samba comments are simply to deflect the negativity from the media about the money we shelled out. The problem was Harry knew what we we needed, but was unable to get the players to come in some key positions due to likely relegation. There is clearly not enough pace and technical ability in the middle of the park, and the injuries up front without adequate backup are killing us. My one criticism given what we have, is his refusal to start Granero. We badly need someone who can put their foot on the ball in the middle and play a creative pass. What we don't need are more players that run at defenders only to keep losing the ball. First touch, movement and quick thinking is key to success in the Premiership and I'm afraid we have little to bring to the table in that respect.

Comment

Originally posted by johnp View Post
                    Totally agree with Busheyboy - The Samba comments are simply to deflect the negativity from the media about the money we shelled out. The problem was Harry knew what we we needed, but was unable to get the players to come in some key positions due to likely relegation. There is clearly not enough pace and technical ability in the middle of the park, and the injuries up front without adequate backup are killing us. My one criticism given what we have, is his refusal to start Granero. We badly need someone who can put their foot on the ball in the middle and play a creative pass. What we don't need are more players that run at defenders only to keep losing the ball. First touch, movement and quick thinking is key to success in the Premiership and I'm afraid we have little to bring to the table in that respect.
                    He said in the interview after the game that granero should start games....again HE is the fakin manager! He should be identifying this stuff early on in a game and doing something decisive about it.

He is brilliant with people, throws the arm around and gets them feeling better about themselves but a few times now I think im questioning his decisiveness as a manager. norwich game and the swansea game were bad decisions and should have early resolve instead of just watching a team that isnt working well enough to win PL games.

Comment

Originally posted by johnp View Post
                      I agree about Granero but maybe Harry feels Granero lacks pace and slows the attacks down, also is Granero fully fit? Not sure myself.
                      Our squad has huge limitations, Harry knew that from the outset and there's only so much he can do with what he's got.
                      Harry's got my support, just don't thnk we're good enough full stop in lots of areas and the 8 game run we have starting in March, which looks like an opportunity to pick up a decent points haul, will probably illustrate why we are bottom, that's the reality and the truth of the situation

Comment

I agree about Granero but maybe Harry feels Granero lacks pace and slows the attacks down, also is Granero fully fit? Not sure myself.
                        Our squad has huge limitations, Harry knew that from the outset and there's only so much he can do with what he's got.
                        Harry's got my support, just don't thnk we're good enough full stop in lots of areas and the 8 game run we have starting in March, which looks like an opportunity to pick up a decent points haul, will probably illustrate why we are bottom, that's the reality and the truth of the situation
                        A bad workman always blames his tools.

Comment

Originally posted by OneEyedWilly View Post
                          A bad workman always blames his tools.
                          that's my point, THEY'RE NOT HARRY'S TOOLS they are someones else's mistakes

Comment

that's my point, THEY'RE NOT HARRY'S TOOLS they are someones else's mistakes
                            So you dont think that any of those players are of PL standard?

Comment

Who ever ends up with the manager's job will have a big headache as the team will continue to be in a massive transitional period. Some players will want to leave, others we are stuck with and we would need to bring players in. This could be a ticking time bomb and we could really struggle next season. Wounds would need to healed and team bonding strengthened.

Comment

Working...
                              X