Best case scenario for the weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best case scenario for the weekend

Che beat Wig, Ful beat Nor, M.C beat Sou, Sto beat Rea,W.H beat A.V and we beat Swa.
    Table
    QPR 20 - A.V 21 - Wig 21 - Rea 23 - Sou 24 - New 27 - Nor 28
    With some luck (we are bound for one) only 3 points of 17th - 12 games to go - how nice would that be

More than realistic.

We don't have to concentrate on others yet though although it is nice when they all lose.

Comment

if Carlsburg made football results...

I cant believe the number of fans who are talking about winning at Swansea, the team that beat us 5-0 at home. Norwich was the game we should have won. We would do well to get a point up there. And yes, before anyone says it, I am only too well aware that we are running out of games where we can say "a point is a good result". But with what we have going forward I just can't see us picking up more than a draw away to a good footballing side.

Comment

I agree that winning at Swansea is not the most likely result but Norwich did it back in December. My glass is half full.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo View Post
          I agree that winning at Swansea is not the most likely result but Norwich did it back in December. My glass is half full.
          We've got to have some believe otherwise we might as well just give up now...

Comment

From a team that beat chelsea away, got points off spurs and city at home, and a point away at west ham - with our worst result being a clean-sheet draw to Norwich...why can't we win at swansea?

Comment

Their home record is not that special 4-6-2 it is their away record.
              So they lost to Eve and Nor and teams like Sun, Rea and A.V got a draw.
              Last 4 games at home Sto 3-1, A.V 2-2, M.U 1-1, Nor 3-4 conceding average 2 goals per game.
              I say we have a good change of getting more than a draw

Comment

hh9 are you a statician?
                You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

No not by profession
                  I always like to look at positive things before matches hence this tread.
                  I firmly believe that what the results I predicted are more likely than not

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post

I cant believe the number of fans who are talking about winning at Swansea, the team that beat us 5-0 at home. Norwich was the game we should have won. We would do well to get a point up there. And yes, before anyone says it, I am only too well aware that we are running out of games where we can say "a point is a good result". But with what we have going forward I just can't see us picking up more than a draw away to a good footballing side.
                    Agreed. If the attacking transfer targets (Odemwinge/Crouch/Kranjcar) had been signed then there would be more options to get goals but even then hardly any team in the EPL goes to Swansea expecting a win.
                    Considering how limited the forward options are drawing a lot of games could be the key to survival - 6 draws and 4 wins produces 35 points.

Would have had one of those wins too if Adel had scored the penalty.

Comment

We can field an attacking team if HR is up to it
                      I can see goals in this team
                      Cesar
                      Fabio-Hill-Samba-Bozingwa
                      M'Bia
                      Townsend-Granero-SWP
                      Taarabt
                      Remy/Zamora

Comment

Originally posted by hh9 View Post
                        No not by profession
                        I always like to look at positive things before matches hence this tread.
                        I firmly believe that what the results I predicted are more likely than not
                        Sorry mate ...you're on the wrong message board ....This is the samaritans !!!

Comment

Originally posted by hh9 View Post
                          We can field an attacking team if HR is up to it
                          I can see goals in this team
                          Cesar
                          Fabio-Hill-Samba-Bozingwa
                          M'Bia
                          Townsend-Granero-SWP
                          Taarabt
                          Remy/Zamora
                          What is it about the way Swansea play that makes you think Mbia hold can hold down DM without Derry?

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post

Yeah but that 5-0 result was seriously flattering. We were totally on top, even after Green gifted their opener and Mackie then dollied a sitter from 6 yards. We were constantly pressing and over compensating at times and got caught on the break and they finished nearly every chance they had (i think 5 of 7). On the flipside, us and Man Cuty had more shots than any other teams that weekend and it just wouldn't go in.

We had a part in every one of their goals with stupid errors. I don't thin kthere's a lot between the sides and hopefully some of their players will have an eye on the cup.

Of course you're right about the Norwich game, and we would've been better off losing to City and saving ourselves and beating Norwich but things dont work that way. On to the next game.

Comment

Originally posted by zeberdee View Post
                              What is it about the way Swansea play that makes you think Mbia hold can hold down DM without Derry?
                              Pressing them up high - keeping them away from our part of the court for a change - get a goal or two - put Derry in = 3 points

Comment

Working...
                              X