Samba - Up front?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Samba - Up front?

Although recognized predominantly as a defender, Samba made several appearances as a striker in the latter stages of the 2008–09 season. On 4 April 2009, with Blackburn losing 1–0 against Tottenham Hotspur, he started the second half up front. Blackburn went on to win 2–1, with manager Sam Allardyce claiming Samba's impact as "key to victory".[5] During the next league match against Liverpool at Anfield on 11 April, Samba again started as a lone striker, with Benni McCarthy being left on the bench. He continued to play as a striker in the next match against Wigan Athletic in the 2–0 win for Blackburn. By the end of the season, he had made 39 appearances, including 35 Premier League starts and four cup games and scored three goals in all competitions.
    Perhaps we should just lump forward and hope. Who else thinks he can do a job for us up front? If he did are we screwed at the back?

yeah i think we are. maybe if we're looking to get forward and nick a goal in the last 10mins, ben haim could come on alongside hill, onuoha, and fabio/traore and push samba up. but definitely not for a whole game.
    Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
    Pawel Wszolek - 6
    Luke Freeman - 6
    Matt Smith - 6
    Ebere Eze - 4
    Joel Lynch - 3
    Tomer Hemed - 3
    Toni Leistner - 2
    Massimo Luongo- 2
    Angel Rangel - 2
    Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
    Geoff Cameron - 1
    Aramide Oteh - 1
    Jake Bidwell - 1
    Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

When he is up to fitness he will certainly be a significant threat a set pieces. It may also free up Clint Hill to get on the end of more as the opposition will surely have to make plans for Samba that will let him off more lightly?
      #standuptocancer
      #inyourfacecancer

Comment

I think this is a last resort when desperate for a goal and nothing else. He isn't great with the ball at his feet from what I can see/recall. Arial presence and power though can't be questioned. Man is a monster.
        twitter @silvercue

soundcloud

Comment

Originally posted by Bluehoop View Post
          When he is up to fitness he will certainly be a significant threat a set pieces. It may also free up Clint Hill to get on the end of more as the opposition will surely have to make plans for Samba that will let him off more lightly?
          Clint had a very good chance against Norwich created by 2 players following Samba, unfortunately he was up a split second too early, should really have hit the target from there.

Comment

Remember Big Dan, was it against Lids at home a couple of seasons ago?
            Their defence look terified!
            F*CK OFF CHELSEA WEST LONDON IS OURS!

Comment

Originally posted by MartinQPR View Post
              Perhaps we should just lump forward and hope. Who else thinks he can do a job for us up front? If he did are we screwed at the back?
              think you just answered your own thread there.
              nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Originally posted by northampton rs View Post
                Remember Big Dan, was it against Lids at home a couple of seasons ago?
                Their defence look terified!
                I remember that well .

I can recall him trying a volley and it just looked clumsy ....like a bigger version of Dominic Iorfa ......except he was onside !!

Comment

Originally posted by maddix View Post
                  I remember that well .

I can recall him trying a volley and it just looked clumsy ....like a bigger version of Dominic Iorfa ......except he was onside !!
                  Devon White!!!!!
                  F*CK OFF CHELSEA WEST LONDON IS OURS!

Comment

great idea, just when we seem to be defending better

Comment

this reminds me of that george santos experiment, who looked less diabolical up front funnily enough

Comment

You should talk to Ted, he thinks its a good idea too, but then again he thinks Dan ****tu would do the same job!
                        2011-2013, 2 seasons in the Premiership, 76 games, 14 wins........two years of my life I'll never get back!!

2013/2014 mediocrity topped off with a win at Wembley....

2014/2015 was pretty much the same as 2011-2013.....

2015/2016, average at best.....

2016/2017, same old, same old....

2017/2018, aim low, avoid disappointment!

Its the hope that kills you!

Comment

What about M'bia up front ? Quick,reasonable in the air and with the ball at his feet,and won't leave us exposed at the back.Or Diakite,him spending a lot of time on his bum may well result in us getting a few more pens for Adel to miss.

Comment

Absurd suggestion that he play up front. Totally and utterly absurd. With respect folk have taken leave of their senses on this board. Think I preferred the Mackie and Faurlin love ins we used to get.

Comment

Working...
                            X