This is encouraging..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is encouraging..

Martin Samuel, writing in the Mail, offers some hope....

"Harry Redknapp has done a fine job in pulling Rangers out of their nosedive. On the day he took over, Rangers had four points from 13 matches at an average of 0.3 per game. They were heading, on aggregate, for a final total of 11 points, equalling the worst performance by any club since the introduction of three points for a win. Under Redknapp, Rangers have taken 13 points from 12 games at an average of 1.08. It isn't enough. With 13 matches left, at that ratio Rangers are on course to finish with 31 points and will go down. Yet most of those matches have been played with the old squad. If Redknapp can average 1.61 points per game between now and the end of the season, Rangers will reach 38, enough for survival in seven of the last 10 campaigns; 40 points has meant safety for the last eight years."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...#ixzz2JuRadyV4

That means that of the 13 remaining games if we W5 D5 L3 we get to 37 points.... That's do exactly as we've done under Harry so far- with Hughes squad- but convert three draws into wins.... An extra win takes us to 40 or 39 points and probably guaranteed safety.....
    Last edited by Rangers77; 04-02-2013, 07:52 AM.

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
    Martin Samuel, writing in the Mail, offers some hope....

"Harry Redknapp has done a fine job in pulling Rangers out of their nosedive. On the day he took over, Rangers had four points from 13 matches at an average of 0.3 per game. They were heading, on aggregate, for a final total of 11 points, equalling the worst performance by any club since the introduction of three points for a win. Under Redknapp, Rangers have taken 13 points from 12 games at an average of 1.08. It isn't enough. With 13 matches left, at that ratio Rangers are on course to finish with 31 points and will go down. Yet most of those matches have been played with the old squad. If Redknapp can average 1.61 points per game between now and the end of the season, Rangers will reach 38, enough for survival in seven of the last 10 campaigns; 40 points has meant safety for the last eight years."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...#ixzz2JuRadyV4

That means that of the 13 remaining games if we W5 D5 L3 we get to 37 points.... That's do exactly as we've done under Harry so far- with Hughes squad- but convert three draws into wins.... An extra win takes us to 40 or 39 points and probably guaranteed safety.....
    The fact we don't have a striker and require top 6 form that hardly makes 4 good reading. Just hope we can bounce straight back and sign a goal scorer in the summer, should of done it while we were premier league
    I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Get the same results as we have been under Harry, but convert three draws into wins gives us a chance. Only a chance. Worth hoping for, no??? Especially as we created more chances and had greater pressure second half against Norwich than in any game this season....

Comment

I have accepted our fate, I am gutted and peed off, but no use torturing oneself into believing something that's not going to happen. I love my team.

Comment

Originally posted by Ed the Ball View Post
          I have accepted our fate, I am gutted and peed off, but no use torturing oneself into believing something that's not going to happen. I love my team.
          It's called hope. Without hope what's the point in living?

Comment

Originally posted by Ed the Ball View Post
            We have enough games left to get the required number of points to stay up.At the moment, we are defending very well but offer very little up front.If we score one goal, we might win a game, but if the opposition score first or equalise, i cannot see us scoring two.

We are in a very difficluty position and odds are that we will go down.

I will accept that we are down, when, it's mathematically impossible to stay up.

If by some magic we stay up, what does that say for accpeting our fate? Realistically the chances of us staying up are thin,but, and being a footballer myself, i will not give up my hope untill such time that there is nothing i can do about it...and the players should be feeling the same as well.

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
              The fact we don't have a striker and require top 6 form that hardly makes 4 good reading. Just hope we can bounce straight back and sign a goal scorer in the summer, should of done it while we were premier league
              We are Premier League you ###x!
              Last edited by Bluehoop; 04-02-2013, 01:32 PM. Reason: offensive

Comment

All depends on the other teams aswell, the safety total might be a 34/35 this year, you never know!

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                  Yes, I think that if Remy is ruled out for a while, QPR will struggle for goals and therefore unlikely to win more than 2 or 3 more games.

I dont have ay confidence in the likes of Mackie, Zamora, Taarabt, Bothroyd or Hoilett (when he returns from injury) to score the goals to win matches.

Shame Redknapp was unable to sign either Odemwingie or Crouch, because QPR are not really any better off with forwards than they were under Hughes. Remy has replaced Cisse and Bothroyd for Johnson and they still have the low scoring injury prone Zamora.

It looks like QPR will have to heavily rely on midfielders and defenders scoring goals and so far they have failed miserably.

So what's there to be optimistic about?

Comment

What's to be optimistic about? Trying to stay up. We might not, but we'll have a go. Why not try???

Comment

After getting out of jail last year ....Anythings possible !!

Comment

we are down
                        nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

never give up , 2 wins and everybody will have there tails up

Comment

really hope your right bus but cant see it personally. will enjoy the ride though as long as we go down fighting.
                            nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

don't want to put a negative spin on this but our top goalscorers has 4 goals and we are in February
                              Add up the goals from the following players Mbia, Park, Derry, SWP. Hoilett, Mackie, Zamora, Bothroyd, Diakite, DJ and Tarbs. It's a joke!
                              We need to be realistic, 5 wins and 5 draws probably won't be quite enough.
                              I'm a punter and wouldn't have a penny on us winnng 5 games out of 13, even with some so called weaker teams to come. Personally, I think we need 6 wins anyway.
                              Love Rangers and always will but hard to be optimistic now

Comment

Working...
                              X