From the position we are in...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by QPR71 View Post
    no...the data is fact, the outcome is unknown. your statistics would have proved as fact that we would get relegated last season. and that wigan should have been
    relegated 5 times. your stats looked at 4 weeks ago would point to reading having about 9 points less than they have today
    I do not care about intermediate stats - I do not care if Reading have 20 or 30 points at this moment or if Wigan has beaten the odds 7 or 20 times. The point is the stats say that you need an average of 38 points to stay in the PL. That is based on factual data. What the exact number is this season we do not know but history tells us that the sun will get up tomorrow and it still will rain in Scotland and it is still the average of 38 points we need to stay up this year in the PL - fact

Comment

no doubt we need wins and 38 is a statistically significant figure.....im hoping we're in a low total year cos 38 is a tough ask

Comment

Anyway do not stop being positive or even optimistic - I am just being realistic......and pessimistic after the vague attempt at winning yesterday. On TV the pundits said that QPR simply did not look like they are any better than the 0-0 result yesterday. I do not agree with this statement and I would be so happy if HR and the players tried to win games and yes maybe risked a bit more to get that upper edge we need. And NO not at home to Liverpool or Man United.....but certainly at home to the mid table teams like Narwich.

Would rather go down trying than continuing with hopeless draws against midtable teams. So next week against swansea I would like us to try and bring people forward when we have the ball on the break. Not the odd long ball to mackie or the selfish Taraabt dribbling around the 11 players in front of him.
        Last edited by zuluop; 03-02-2013, 02:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by zuluop View Post
          I do not care about intermediate stats - I do not care if Reading have 20 or 30 points at this moment or if Wigan has beaten the odds 7 or 20 times. The point is the stats say that you need an average of 38 points to stay in the PL. That is based on factual data. What the exact number is this season we do not know but history tells us that the sun will get up tomorrow and it still will rain in Scotland and it is still the average of 38 points we need to stay up this year in the PL - fact
          lol, dont want to push the point cos its getting nerdy but you switch your arguments laws of physics certainty ie the sun rising, to average numbers. you accept that we do no know the exact number is.
          which is my point and then you state that 38 points is fact

Comment

ENOUGH!....Zuluop you are wrong and we are right so end of conversation!

Comment

Originally posted by QPR71 View Post
              lol, dont want to push the point cos its getting nerdy but you switch your arguments laws of physics certainty ie the sun rising, to average numbers. you accept that we do no know the exact number is.
              which is my point and then you state that 38 points is fact
              Nah the "38 points is fact" was part of the joke which of course also included the mix of numbers, laws of physics and even the weather - which is why there is a laughing face.

You seem to have lost the point in all this - we need 7 points in every 4 games from now on to stay clear of relegation
              Last edited by zuluop; 03-02-2013, 02:34 PM.

Comment

ok 38 its then.......37 for us last season i thought

Comment

Working...
                X