Watching Southampton on MOTD!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Watching Southampton on MOTD!

They play the same 4-5-1 that we play but the main 2 differences is...

1. The Midfield and sometimes the Fullbacks (Overlapping) are busting a gut to forwards as soon as they get hold of the ball on the counter and as soon as they loose the ball sprinr back into their positions to recover. Why dont we do this? At any one time they have atleast 3 players in the box and look threatening even with the same 'defensive 451' formation as ours but still look solid in defence.

2. They are QUICK & they pass it on the floor. They have so much pace in the fullbacks overlapping looking to put balls in, which is always a good thing as the wingers drift inside to the box to put more bodies in there. They pass the ball aswell, when we passed the ball yesterday we looked 100x's more threatening then when we just lumped it forward and lost possession so easily.

Need to learn both of these aspects if we're gonna start winning, just my 2 cents.

Did anyone notice long balls from Cesar were always headed back by Norwich players?
    QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

I get what you're saying but I dont know if i'd be using southampton as a template for my team?!

Comment

we played 4-2-3-1 not 4-5-1. The difference is 4-2-3-1 is 2 holding midfielers and is totally defensive. Not sure what saints play and whether is is 2 holders or not as I only watch MOTD when we win. I don't watch it much.
        twitter @silvercue

soundcloud

Comment

The difference between us and Southampton and indeed almost every other team is they attack with pace and get players into the opposition box as well as having players who will fight for the ball.

We don't, everything is slowed down by Tarrabt, we don't get enough players in the box and in answer to Yousef comment above about Norwich heading the ball back, that's because Tarrabt will not compete for a header.

Comment

your campaign against tarrabt is a little narrow ricky. None of pur players competed for a header - in fact Derry was shocking with them all game. When we are playing defensive with 2 holding and a lone striker that can do nothing - the build up will be slower.
            twitter @silvercue

soundcloud

Comment

Working...
            X