Negative Line-Up Cost Us

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Negative Line-Up Cost Us

Absolutely gobsmacked with Harry's team today, but mostly with how negative it was:

1. Without Granero we wouldn't have had a shot on Tuesday. Today he is dropped and we play BOTH Derry and Mbia?! Two sitting midfielders against Norwich, at HOME! Very poor. Granero can hurt mediocre teams he has to play.

2. Mackie up front on his own?! If Zamora is not able to do a whole match, why not Bothroyd? He has done really well since returning and had earned his chance. Or, why not 2 up front?

Team should have been:

Cesar
    Fabio Hill Samba Traore
    Townsend Derry Granero Taarabt
    Mackie Bothroyd

We have to try to win these games, especially after the results that are coming in from other relegation teams. we don't need to set ourselves up against Norwich like we do against Man City.

ps Everton have equalised!

That. Given what was available sd have been the team. Poor show by Harry.

Comment

just back home, got to say I think OP was spot on and in fairness as would most who attended. The atmosphere was flat from the start because the team selection was so negative, thought Norwich bossed the midfield as basically we had no creative player there. The teams at the bottom have found form and we are floundering, lets go down with both barrells blazing as that served up today was depressing
      I must away now, I can no longer tarry
      This morning's tempest I have to cross
      I must be guided without a stumble
      Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Not sure on your line up but agree with 442... Cannot believe mackie played up top on his own
        http://twitter.com/Mellowhoop

Comment

Originally posted by Mellowhoop View Post
          Not sure on your line up but agree with 442... Cannot believe mackie played up top on his own
          not one person, before, after or since i spoke to could see how mackie on his own up front could work. 60 mins of the game wasted .

Comment

Agree knocks
            http://twitter.com/Mellowhoop

Comment

Originally posted by Stedders View Post
              Team should have been:

Cesar
              Fabio Hill Samba Traore
              Townsend Derry Granero Taarabt
              Mackie Bothroyd
              You can't play Derry in a 442, he has to cover far too much ground.

Comment

In forehand I was happy Mackie wasn't playing midfield, but was disappointed with his game again.
                I don't like Granero too much, but wanted him to replace Mbia second half, so Taarabt could have had an even more attacking role.

Comment

4-2-3-1 at home could work if the 3 had the discipline for it and we had a big strong striker up front. TodaY it as never going to work, not hindsight, thought from start.

No room for Derry today....absolute waste of a home fixture against average to poor team.
                  twitter @silvercue

soundcloud

Comment

Well I think HR's first task was to stop the goals going in.... we have addressed that problem now. HR just needs to fine tune things up front and we'll bomb up the league.

Comment

We all know better than Harry dont we!! Lots of experts here who should be employed in football - what a waste of talent!

Comment

tbh Harry isn't the greatest of managers so don't act like he's Sir Alex TW.

Making quite a few tactical mistakes, and playing jamie up on his own was clearly 1 of them.

Unless he is trying to beat Sousa's draw ratio I don't understand the thinking.
                        I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post

Making quite a few tactical mistakes, and playing jamie up on his own was clearly 1 of them.

Agreed on your point about Harry....................but he's a darn sight more clued up than everyone here who thinks they know better.

Comment

Yeah get out of that ****ing defensive line up.....we have had it since Warnock and it is damn ugly to watch.

We do need it for the next two matches though - with Swansea away and Man Utd home.

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post

give Harry an email and tell him about ....you know.....i know you dont want to talk about it......you played at a high level etc.. ... then give him the benefit of your advice and extensive knowledge. Its for the good of the club.

Comment

Working...
                              X