Onuoha

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Onuoha

Against MK Dons is the perfect opportunity to test Onuoha at CB - I hope HR does.

Dont think he needs to test him as a CB he was signed from City as a C/Back

Comment

But he's not a centre back IMO, he doesn't have the makings or enough quality as a centre half. He is definately more a right back.

Comment

Originally posted by ollyhoops View Post
        But he's not a centre back IMO, he doesn't have the makings or enough quality as a centre half. He is definately more a right back.
        He certainly isn't a right back as they've been expected to play since 1975..... Can he overlap? Cross? Pass?.... Er. No.

Comment

Imo he's a right back, a very good one at that. Defiantly not a CB
          Under Les Ferdinand:
          Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
          Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
          Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
          Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
          And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

How many crosses has Ned put in this season? One? If that. He's been solid enough at the back recently (I say enough) with Mackie covering him (eg Spurs' Naughton), but he makes no contribution to our attack or to our ability to hold the ball in midfield so conceding possession as at West Ham. The chance of his scoring a goal has been hitherto non existent. And, as I say, he can't cross or pass, so can't help create chances. If that's a 'very good' RB, as opposed to an ordinary player doing a solid job for us defensively, then I'm a Dutchman.

Comment

He'd work well on the right in a back three.

Comment

Haha... Horrendous CB... He's been arguebly our most consistent player last 5 games... Top 8 sides have full backs that bomb forward bottom 8 sides try and avoid conceding first...
                http://twitter.com/Mellowhoop

Comment

Originally posted by Westway View Post
                  He'd work well on the right in a back three.
                  Yes he would. We played that second half against Liverpool when we tightened up/ they sat back (take your pick). We'd need a much better player than Mackie on the right to play that system all the time, mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellowhoop View Post
                    Haha... Horrendous CB... He's been arguebly our most consistent player last 5 games... Top 8 sides have full backs that bomb forward bottom 8 sides try and avoid conceding first...
                    Bomb forward? Holding possession, creating space and offering offensive options (the occasional overlap and cross) is all that's needed. Both Reading and Soton FBs provide that. I'm a critic, but readily concede Ned's done a great job for us lately. He's not, however, a very good RB.

Comment

He was signed as a right back where he played for Sunderland and city. He is a rb just a defensive one.

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
                        He certainly isn't a right back as they've been expected to play since 1975..... Can he overlap? Cross? Pass?.... Er. No.
                        I know what you mean but he isn't a centre back either. he doesn't have the right making of a strong centre back IMO, i've seen him play in that position and he didn't look right. Right back is his best position.

Comment

Personally I think he has more potential as a centre half than he does as a right back, his distribution and all round attacking play are not good enough for full back at this level. He is also has all the physical attributes that you look for in a central defender.

Looking at the squad as well, unless Harry has a couple of top signings up his sleeve then we will need Onuha at centre half after Nelson leaves!

Comment

Originally posted by QprSinceBirth View Post
                            He was signed as a right back where he played for Sunderland and city. He is a rb just a defensive one.
                            sorry mat centre back at city struggled to get in the side with Lescott & kompany

Comment

Working...
                            X