Man Utd & Arsenal eye Cesar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Man Utd & Arsenal eye Cesar

MANCHESTER UNITED and Arsenal are making checks on QPR’s Brazilian keeper Julio Cesar.

Both clubs have serious goalkeeping issues and are on the lookout for an experienced No 1.

David De Gea will be replaced at United while the Gunners are losing faith in Polish stopper Wojciech Szczesny.

And SunSport has learned the two clubs have been canvassing opinion on Cesar.

He has the pedigree United boss Alex Ferguson and Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger are looking for.

Cesar, 33, spent seven years at Inter Milan where he won five Serie A titles and the Champions League.

He quit Inter because the club had to get him off the wage bill and he surprisingly moved to Loftus Road.

QPR need to get rid of either Cesar or Robert Green due to their high wages.

However, Cesar’s form is such that he has become vital to Rangers’ relegation fight.

LINK: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...#ixzz2IkpaarNl

Personally I don't think Cesar would leave us this window.
    As long as we don't cash in on him, he won't ask to leave no matter who comes in for him.

Comment

Cesar is 33 and so he could get injured (he did before Christmas). We need two good goalkeepers. The same can be said for other teams, only they would not necessarily use Cesar as their first choice.

Comment

I do think its paper talk though.
        Transfer window has been quiet so far with only a week left.
        Also, this story come out the day he is named in Brazil squad v England.
        He won't leave us this window unless we sell, and Fernandes won't sell him

Comment

This is what I was worried about in my other thread, we need Cesar and next year we'll be up there.

Comment

Both will back off once they hear what they'll have to match in wages !

I hope we'll keep him & Green for now, but I strongly suspect one will leave in the Summer.

Comment

I think we should send Green out on loan to get him off the wage bill. He's on big money, and apart from the MK Dons game, he'll be sitting on the bench for the rest if the season. Man United and Chelsea don't even have 2 top keepers in their squad so why should we
              Last edited by taarabt7; 23-01-2013, 08:51 AM.

Comment

HR could cash in on him to gain some better quality on the pitch. I would be really worried if he did, Green is an excellent GK but watching Cesar in the last 2 games, I wonder if we'd of come away with a point.

Comment

"QPR need to get rid of either Cesar or Robert Green due to their high wages."

There is absolutely no fact behind is ridiculous journo statement. Never have we said we needed to get rid of one due to high wages. HR has certainly spoken of the high wage billed, and said we need to get rid of those who aren't pulling their weight on it.

Do people forget we're the 2nd richest club in the PL...poss Europe? If the board think it will help our survival in the PL then they'll happily fork out for two international goalkeepers if both are doing an outstanding job.

Comment

Keep Cesar till the end of the season. Sell him at the end of the seaoson. If we stay up, we can use the money to buy a good keeper and sell Green. If we go down, then keep Green.
                    QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

Our Tony likes him.

https://twitter.com/tonyfernandes/st...71982707781632

Comment

Originally posted by Yousef View Post
                        Keep Cesar till the end of the season. Sell him at the end of the seaoson. If we stay up, we can use the money to buy a good keeper and sell Green. If we go down, then keep Green.
                        Why sell him at the end of the season.... As for buying a good keeper.... wjy sell a good one to then buy an inferior one???

As pointed out on this thread already, we are a club backed by insanely wealthy men who desperately want to stay in the prem and then progress from there. WE aren't a selling club by need anyumore, so if we don't want to sell, we wont.

Comment

Originally posted by Del View Post
                          Why sell him at the end of the season.... As for buying a good keeper.... wjy sell a good one to then buy an inferior one???

As pointed out on this thread already, we are a club backed by insanely wealthy men who desperately want to stay in the prem and then progress from there. WE aren't a selling club by need anyumore, so if we don't want to sell, we wont.
                          If we was a selling a club taarabt would have went long ago. People need to stop getting worked up over the paper stories . Cesar is staying why even discuss this we already have another thread wIth more ****** in it

Comment

Its not often one of the best goalkeepers in the league (IMO only Joe Hart is better) is playing for the bottom club, so if they do come in, it will be easy pickings for them, but hopefully, Cesar is the gentleman everyone says he is and he stays to fight the cause.

The biggest loss will be Nelson and no mater who we sign, they will not replace him as has been that good and will still win fans player of the year, unless Remy goes on to score 20 goals and we stay up.

Comment

Originally posted by paulmason View Post
                              Its not often one of the best goalkeepers in the league (IMO only Joe Hart is better) is playing for the bottom club, so if they do come in, it will be easy pickings for them, but hopefully, Cesar is the gentleman everyone says he is and he stays to fight the cause.

The biggest loss will be Nelson and no mater who we sign, they will not replace him as has been that good and will still win fans player of the year, unless Remy goes on to score 20 goals and we stay up.
                              Not really true, Cesar is under contract and we don't have to sell him this window. I can see them leaving in the summer but I can't see Harry letting Cesar go now as he is too important.

Comment

Working...
                              X