tactical mistakes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by twranger View Post
    these self appointed so called experts here, who genuinely believe they know more than a top professional football manager, is laughable. The categorical statements like "Harry is getting it wrong" without a hint of self - mocking is unbelievable. You must all be in the wrong profession!!!!!
    We're allowed opinions, and some people thought Hughes was a top pro manager. Having an opinion doesn't mean you are proclaiming yourself as an expert, and being a manager is equally no guarantee of expertise, as we all know to our cost.

I think Harry's doing a good job, but imo we don't have the ability to hang on for long periods of time by shutting up shop and therefore alternative tactics should be considered in that scenario. This was also an issue at Spurs, it's something Harry does.

Comment

I'm happy with what Harry has done so far, many fans said we would get any points v Chelsea, Spurs n West Ham and we have ended up with 5!!
      As long as we get 1 point against Man City, Man Utd etc the 3 points need to come in games like Norwich, Southampton, villa, Wigan etc.
      They are the games we need to win to survive

Comment

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
        We're allowed opinions, and some people thought Hughes was a top pro manager. Having an opinion doesn't mean you are proclaiming yourself as an expert, and being a manager is equally no guarantee of expertise, as we all know to our cost.

I think Harry's doing a good job, but imo we don't have the ability to hang on for long periods of time by shutting up shop and therefore alternative tactics should be considered in that scenario. This was also an issue at Spurs, it's something Harry does.
        When have we shut up shop apart from maybe West Ham and to be fair they came at us like a hurricane so no wonder the shop was shut. The only other shutting up shop was Liverpool but again that was understandable as we had been ransacked by Suarez so Arry had every right to bring on Derry to put up the close sign.

As to going up 1-0 we've done it twice (save the hammers match) under Arry (I think unless I am corrected) and on both occasions we ended up winning 1-0 once against WBA and the other Chelsea, so his tactics when we are 1-0 seems to me to be effective.

Against Fulham when we scored we went on to score a second, so he's hardly shutting up shop.

I accept you were bang on the money with regard to Hughes and your posts on him were Nostradamusesque but i'm not sure of the tactical criticsm of Arry especially in the circumstances you describe.
        Last edited by TBLOCKRANGER; 23-01-2013, 01:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TBLOCKRANGER View Post
          but i'm not sure of the tactical criticsm of Arry especially in the circumstances you describe.
          fair comment so I'll come clean. A mate who is Spurs said that the WHU game reminded him of HR's tendency to shut up shop when he was with them, inevitably conceding late on. And I really hate to see teams go down that road early doors in a game, especially when there are questions at the back.

But in retrospect the comment was a bit previous...

Comment

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
            fair comment so I'll come clean. A mate who is Spurs said that the WHU game reminded him of HR's tendency to shut up shop when he was with them, inevitably conceding late on. And I really hate to see teams go down that road early doors in a game, especially when there are questions at the back.

But in retrospect the comment was a bit previous...
            Hahaha mate you are far too much of a gent and reasonable. I would have been more comfortable if you had responded with " T block you're an annoying ****, that simply pollutes this board with lengthy boring posts that no ones interested, so just **** off."

Comment

Working...
            X