Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cracking day out yesterday

Ome of those away days I really enjoy

Met up with some pals in Paddington and set off about 1.15pm towards Upton Park but we all had to jump off at Whitechapel as all needed to answer a call of nature but finding a pub was harder then you wotld think as it was like walking in to a suburb of Islamabad and the nearest pubs had all been closed down so went to the one net to the Blind Begger

Back on the tube because of over crowding at Upton Park the train did not stop there and we had to go to East Ham and then cross over to the other platform and go back again!

Coming out at Upton Park it really felt like the old days with touts and scarf sellers etc plus the waft of burgeres and onions in the air and we got to the away end just a couple of minutes late

Great banter with the Home fans to our left and madness when Remy scored but really rode our luck in the second half and no surprise when they eventually scored but its been a long time since I ledt an away game feeling dissapointed that we had only got a draw so we have come a long wau in just a few weeks

Walked back to Upton Park station but it would have taken an age to get on there so ended up ealking to Plaistow where we got a train from there to Liverpool St and had a couple in the Hamilton Hall and then decided to have an early night for a change

Oh I nearly forgot to mention that I aved a fellas life at Bow Station on the way back to Liverpool St when he slipped beyween the platform and the closing doors of the train and I managed to drag him out quickly!!
    Last edited by IsleworthRanger; 20-01-2013, 02:15 PM.

yes isles one of those halcyon days that confirms our love affair with the beautiful game!
    you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

Working...
    X