• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kilburn Times on Simpson

Rangers will be jumping for Jay

26 August 2009

Jay Simpson
    By Ben Kosky

FORMER QPR star Marcus Bignot believes his old club have pulled off a coup by persuading Arsenal to loan them Jay Simpson.

Rangers will sign the 20-year-old forward on a season-long loan later this week in an effort to reinforce their lacklustre front line.

And Bignot, who played alongside Simpson during the youngster's spell at Millwall in 2008, told the Times: "I think the QPR fans will be excited by him.

"Jay's not a big lad but he certainly has a physical presence and he's got a good shot in his locker as well. He'll be a good addition to what's already a strong squad at QPR.

"He's a quiet lad but a very warming character. He came into a struggling team at Millwall, but that didn't faze him at all and he was a very good player for us.

"I'd put him in the Theo Walcott bracket in that Arsenal might not have decided yet whether he's a wide player or a front man, but I think he'd prefer to be up top."

Simpson has been on the Gunners' books since he was a schoolboy, but came to prominence during his loan at Millwall, helping the League One club to escape relegation and winning the divisional PFA fans' player of the year award.

He made his Arsenal debut in the Carling Cup last season, playing three times and scoring two goals in their 3-0 fourth-round win over Wigan.

The north Londoner spent the second half of the season on loan with West Brom, netting twice in 17 appearances, but has been back in Arsenal's reserves this term.

Another Tarrabt?
    QBP 20th August 2009..."To be fair, I'm glad we are top of the table (for agents fees). Shows we are not a selling club anymore."

Comment

1 goal in 13 aps for wba and they are way better team than us, :cry:
      Gerry Francis the greatest all round player to come from these shores:super_man:

Comment

Originally posted by qpruleok View Post
        But that was in the Premiership against Premiership defences.

Comment

Plus he is year older.

If he wasn't any good Wenger would sell him. Some people forget where we are and I've learn't that people will moan about anything, literally anything.
          ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
          THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

poor lad, he has no idea of the expectations of him here at QPR.

Comment

My Arsenal friend said he'll be great. Give him a chance guys.

Comment

Has he signed then?

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
                  Plus he is year older.

If he wasn't any good Wenger would sell him. Some people forget where we are and I've learn't that people will moan about anything, literally anything.
                  That's true Pete if someone else had signed him on loan the same people would have been posting how we shouldn;t have let him go elsewhere!

Comment

I have no problem with the young lad signing but why didn't we sign him in pre season? Who is to blame? We couldn't score last season and we should of at least addressed this before leaving it so very late.
                    I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Waiting for Premiership teams to decide on who to retain and who to loan out and sell.
                      We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are...

Comment

Im excited about him! IMO he sounds exactly what we need, we have no real pace upfront!
                        Cant believe it, ive been PWOPER MUGGED ORF...

Comment

I hope he does well for us and bangs in the goals for fun
                          19TH YEAR FOLLOWING THE R,RS

Comment

Originally posted by qpruleok View Post
                            FFS... He was stuck playing for for the worst team in the prem by a country mile, and you question his goal tally for them.... I wonder how many actual chances they created for him.

As for all this tosh about they played great football but went down becasue of Mowbray's insistance on sticking to it is utter BS.... they were crap and clueless, end of!

Comment

I said we should get Simpson a month ago fancy him more than wellbeck, I presume QBP then told GP to sort it out.

If we land him i am sure he will work out well for us
                              its New Era number 8 i tell thee, bring on the fireworks

Comment

Working...
                              X