Rowan Vine..Whats Gone Wrong?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rowan Vine..Whats Gone Wrong?

Did anyone notice, Buzsacky takes the corner at 0-0, it goes over to the other side, Vine sort of jogs up to the lino and about 20 yards away asks him to kick the ball to him?

He is walking more than he runs. Everyone can remember Gallen having a horrific injury and he was never the same after, does anyone think the same has happened to Vine? His confidence on the pitch is either lacking or he simply cannot be bothered, I'm not surer which it is???
    ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
    THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

I get the impression that his confidence is shot.Maybe a loan period at a lower level club will help him get back on track?.And some mental therapy.

Comment

Bit of both I believe. On a very comfortable salary and secure contract (unless FB pulls out) with no pressure and recovering from a career threatening injury.

Comment

Initially thought it was just fitness but although I've always been a big fan of his he just doesn't look that hungry. Odd, because normally if a player has been cooped up in the treatment room they can't wait to get at it. Why I thought it was an inspired idea to send him on loan so another club can get him fit on their match time, so disappointed that apparently not happening. certainly not worth a starting place at the mo. rather have someone like hogan.

Comment

Not fully match fit/sharp. Could be that he will never be as good again!!!
          oldhoop

The Bread Mans Blue and White Army

Comment

Very few are ever the same after a horrific injury, mainly its a mental thing you just can't get the confidence back to be able to play at the top level.

Comment

Hence why it would be a good idea to loan him out. The way he's playing, he won't get enough games to get his sharpness back. At a club like Watford or even Charlton, he'll get the games he needs and he'll improve at the same time. If he doesn't improve then it won't look good for him.
              Your mum would love me...

Comment

but gallen still found the net.. vine atm isnt
                Soldier: "im on reconnaissance sir.. im looking for our camouflage expert.. have you seen him?"
                Lovejoy: "No?!"
                Soldier: "GOD DAMNIT THAT GUYS GOOD!"

Please Follow My Twitter

Comment

I don't think its fitness 0 remember quotes from the physio saying he'd never come across anyone so fit whilst out injured long term! It has to be mental and a loan spell won't fix that IMO
                  #standuptocancer
                  #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Originally posted by garyqpr4eva View Post
                    but gallen still found the net.. vine atm isnt
                    Yes but was never the same player after the injury..

Comment

just needs a goal to get going i think.

Comment

His leg did snap in half. There arent many players who come back from that and play at their peak within half a dozen games.
                        Last edited by SirLes; 26-08-2009, 09:19 PM.

Comment

Brian Robson came back from horrendous injury,twice.

Eduardo at Arsenal is almost as sharp as he was before.

It can be done.

Comment

Originally posted by rblockells View Post
                            Brian Robson came back from horrendous injury,twice.

Eduardo at Arsenal is almost as sharp as he was before.

It can be done.
                            it can but many don't.

Comment

very few players are the same, they have to normally adapt their game. but lets be honest the midfield has been shocking the last couple of games... that really needs to be sorted out asap or a new striker or a rejuvinated vine aint gonna mean ****e

Comment

Working...
                              X