Do the players actually care?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do the players actually care?

I have seen some drivel watching Rangers over the years and that game is certainly up there. The players really come across with a very 'I don't give a f**k attitude!' It really is sad. I said it last season and I will say it again, we have too many average players in our squad who are just posing around picking up their wedge. They are NOT good enough and won't get us up. The players these days can't even come and clap the fans who have given up their time to come and watch the team play. I hate to say it, but under people like Holloway he would have made all the players come and clap the fans even if the football was not great.

Now on hearing that Magilton has laid into Buz publically that is bang out of order. You ####### them in private but not in private. It will create a divide immediately between the players and the manager as they feel they can't trust him. Top managers like Wenger and Ferguson would never do this. I can't help but think that Magilton has lost the changing room and is now a dead man walking. His football is dreadful, his tactics are so wrong and he continues to play people out of position.

We saw from last season that we finished mid table, if we didn't improve on our squad with better players then mid table is the best we can hope for in what is now a much harder league. Blackstock gets replaced with some journey man Italian who is slower than a snail and Delaney doesn't get replaced.

The players certainly don't look fit at the moment and John Harbin looks a big miss for us.

We certainly lack a leader out there. We need someone who is going to have a go at the players.

I said before the season that I reckon Magilton will be gone by the end of Sept and I stand by that. He was the wrong manager and was only brought in because he was the cheap option.

The board need to realise that the just cannot give long contracts to average players and they need to start bringing in top quality which will get us out of the league e.g. Michael Chopra and people of his calibre.

It's gonna be a long season my people, but stay with us, we are QPR!
    First game: Arsenal vs Queen's Park Rangers at Highbury, Saturday 17th November 1984.

Slagging players off to the press is hardly good management.

Lets see if he gets the desired response up at S****horpe.

Personally I'd be amazed if he was still our manager come Xmas.

I
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/1882QP...5398272?ref=ts

Comment

Originally posted by HammersmithR View Post
      I have seen some drivel watching Rangers over the years and that game is certainly up there. The players really come across with a very 'I don't give a f**k attitude!' It really is sad. I said it last season and I will say it again, we have too many average players in our squad who are just posing around picking up their wedge. They are NOT good enough and won't get us up. The players these days can't even come and clap the fans who have given up their time to come and watch the team play. I hate to say it, but under people like Holloway he would have made all the players come and clap the fans even if the football was not great.

Now on hearing that Magilton has laid into Buz publically that is bang out of order. You ####### them in private but not in private. It will create a divide immediately between the players and the manager as they feel they can't trust him. Top managers like Wenger and Ferguson would never do this. I can't help but think that Magilton has lost the changing room and is now a dead man walking. His football is dreadful, his tactics are so wrong and he continues to play people out of position.

We saw from last season that we finished mid table, if we didn't improve on our squad with better players then mid table is the best we can hope for in what is now a much harder league. Blackstock gets replaced with some journey man Italian who is slower than a snail and Delaney doesn't get replaced.

The players certainly don't look fit at the moment and John Harbin looks a big miss for us.

We certainly lack a leader out there. We need someone who is going to have a go at the players.

I said before the season that I reckon Magilton will be gone by the end of Sept and I stand by that. He was the wrong manager and was only brought in because he was the cheap option.

The board need to realise that the just cannot give long contracts to average players and they need to start bringing in top quality which will get us out of the league e.g. Michael Chopra and people of his calibre.

Of course they don't care they would leave tomorrow for an extra 1k a week
      We Are The People.....

Comment

Originally posted by HammersmithR View Post

Its true Dave they do lack the passion that was clearly at the club under Holloway. It dosnt help that we dont have a leader on the pitch to take players that arnt playing so well to one side and just give him a talking to. Theres proberly 4 maybe 5 of the players from lst nites team that are below par and should only just be making the bench. It was awful though mate wasnt it?

Comment

lot of animosity between players and fans at the moment which is why (apart from Ramage) they dont come over and acknowledge the fans. Ipswich have had a bad a start as us and have been booed off last 2 or 3 games but there players ALL come over and applaud the fans (including last night when they was getting major abuse). Think it is disgraceful behavior from our players who are paid a lot of money. And for FFS whoever is booing the players at games STOP DOING IT cos it is not helping and just makes the gap bigger between us and them. Be a man and come on here and explain what effect you think booing the players has, no one admits to it but it sounded like quite a few were doing it last night (and on Saturday)

Comment

Some thoughts:
            1. Perhaps JM is fed up with giving the players private roastings (!) and decided that perhaps a public one may have more impact.
            2. Moral must be low - I suspect that the players thought they would have had much better results todate - last night I agree they didn't turn up - probably though this will be as easy as Exeter - but it wasn't
            3. A signed striker and a couple of GOOD wins will help no end.
            4. Agree on all the comments about selection but maybe JM is looking to see the best permutation. The fans have been here years - JM only months.
            5. As the doctor said to the nurse - all I need is patience!!
            Remember Gillard!!

Comment

Working...
            X